The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the doors in the Hollywood facade has it's curtain moved off to the side a bit, allowing a peek into the queue. Based on what you can see from that glimpse, it's definitely similar to T2.
I heard it got new paint, new LED lighting, and a couple screen-used movie props. No more 3D glasses bins, and an airport-style body scanner at the end. Something like that?

This seems to be the one project we don't have a lot of information about.
We’ve talked a lot about the stage set up, the rumored fire effects, treadmill, massive LED screen, stunts and high fall, the stuff in the queue, a Mini Cooper car chase incorporated into the show and more. It’s hard to know everything about the story, but as far as tech goes it feels like we know a lot.

Of course, the podcast I did on it is still the least listened episode I’ve put out. I’m looking forward to Bourne opening myself, but it certainly seems like I may be in a minority as far as general public goes.

We’ve talked a lot about the stage set up, the rumored fire effects, treadmill, massive LED screen, stunts and high fall, the stuff in the queue, a Mini Cooper car chase incorporated into the show and more. It’s hard to know everything about the story, but as far as tech goes it feels like we know a lot.

Of course, the podcast I did on it is still the least listened episode I’ve put out. I’m looking forward to Bourne opening myself, but it certainly seems like I may be in a minority as far as general public goes.
It's probably not the type of attraction, or IP, that generated general public excitement. but if it's good, word of mouth should fill the theater up.

As someone who enjoys shows to be added on their trips on top of the rides, this seems like something id enjoy. Not something id book a vacation for... but a nice complementary piece there as well. USF needs something like this too. This will help with the screens issue at bit at USF. Can more easily have a day there now without having to constantly be putting new 3D glasses on.

As someone who enjoys shows to be added on their trips on top of the rides, this seems like something id enjoy. Not something id book a vacation for... but a nice complementary piece there as well. USF needs something like this too. This will help with the screens issue at bit at USF. Can more easily have a day there now without having to constantly be putting new 3D glasses on.
Yes. A compliment of good shows makes a theme park much more enjoyable, for all age groups. If this is decent, it will help to balance USF, especially that side of the park that has a limited amount of non little kid attractions.

Yes. A compliment of good shows makes a theme park much more enjoyable, for all age groups. If this is decent, it will help to balance USF, especially that side of the park that has a limited amount of non little kid attractions.
Agreed. Now that we're moving my trip I've been trying to think of stuff my mom can do at Universal, she's much more a Disney gal (aka not into thrills, but does do Big Thunder). So when looking at USF with this open, she has tons of options and this is a wicked nice to bonus to have:

Minions, Shrek, Fallon, any parades, Blues Brothers, walking around Diagon (she's never visited), Men In Black, ET, Rocky Horror Makeup, Fear Factor, and now Bourne. She's not a major ride person but this park is much more made for her. Looking at Islands, their lack of shows is honestly VERY apparent when looking at planning a day there with her.

Agreed. Now that we're moving my trip I've been trying to think of stuff my mom can do at Universal, she's much more a Disney gal (aka not into thrills, but does do Big Thunder). So when looking at USF with this open, she has tons of options and this is a wicked nice to bonus to have:

Minions, Shrek, Fallon, any parades, Blues Brothers, walking around Diagon (she's never visited), Men In Black, ET, Rocky Horror Makeup, Fear Factor, and now Bourne. She's not a major ride person but this park is much more made for her. Looking at Islands, their lack of shows is honestly VERY apparent when looking at planning a day there with her.
Plus another three or four live street shows, three live Diagon shows, and the very excellent Lagoon night show......and the M&G's that are a blast for adults too (Shrek & Donkey, Transformers etc.)

Plus another three or four live street shows, three live Diagon shows, and the very excellent Lagoon night show......and the M&G's that are a blast for adults too (Shrek & Donkey, Transformers etc.)
exactly!!! There's plenty for her to do at USF. Haven't even gotten to see the nighttime Lagoon show yet, I can't wait! Beer or two at Duff Gardens and head on over to watch. I can picture it now :)