The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
giphy.gif
Not really. Classic to an individual is related to their perception of quality, familiarity, and longevity. Bourne and Fallon "feel" lesser because we compare them to T2:3D and Twister/Ghostbusters. However, a child who starts going to Universal this summer has nothing to compare them to. After ten years of only knowing those attractions, even if they are of mediocre quality, they will become "classics."

No one here will say ET is the best attraction at Universal. It's good, but was never the best attraction at Universal. It sat comfortably in the middle of the pack. But, it's been around for 30 years. That longevity and the familiarity makes it "classic." If it closed after ten years, and got replaced by a similarly "good" Spongebob right when he was taking off, would it be as fondly remembered? More people recall Fear Factor and Herc/Xena then Wild West and Murder She Wrote. The only difference is familiarity and time.

My comment addressed that, to someone who is 22, three of their "classic Universal attractions" were replacements. "Classic Universal" to me is Murder She Wrote, Ghostbusters, and Earthquake.

Will Bourne be better than T2? Simply based on spectacle, I'd put money on "Yes." T2 was fun, but didn't have a lot of overall substance. Unless the execution is an absolute mess, all it has to be is "good enough." In 15 years, there will be a generation that views it as "classic Universal."

A lot of you guys have been saying this, and I’ll second it as well.... It truly does feel like a “back to our roots” type attraction for Universal with some modern day upgrades. I don’t care much for the IP but I’m excited for the concept and to see what a modern day uni stunt show looks like.

also, thanks for the support on our video update. Those doors flying open was nothing short of incredible.

Last edited:
You said it right on, classic USF to me! Im thrilled its opening! I really do miss the good ole' days for me with Twister, Disaster, T2, Horror Makeup, and Fear Factor and AA all being open! The glory days for sure. Hopefully Bourne is the first in many returns to that kind of Universal park. Sounds.... Epic!
I think it's funny that three of the things you listed were replacements.

I mean, Disaster basically WAS a refreshed Earthquake. I too miss it and Twister strongly.

A day late but here we are:

Universal Studios Florida has remodeled the old T2:3D gift shop, Cyber Image, to coincide with the theme of the upcoming attraction - The Bourne Stuntacular, set to open this Spring - and now features merchandise of the stunt show.

A day late but here we are:

Universal Studios Florida has remodeled the old T2:3D gift shop, Cyber Image, to coincide with the theme of the upcoming attraction - The Bourne Stuntacular, set to open this Spring - and now features merchandise of the stunt show.

Nice write up as always! I really like how well they blended “both sides” together and make it look seamless and subtle thematically.

I listened to the full show from outside. Lots of gunfire and live gunfire (blanks) in the show. Majority of it comes over the audio system but it has its fair share of real gunshots.

I have to re listen to what I recorded but from what I recall the plot line features a main character girl and guy, and someone stole(?) some piece of technology and they’re trying to get it back. Don’t quote me on this, hard to hear clearly through the door!

edit*- The show hardly has any monologue to it, it’s mostly action. Bits of script include “stop resisting” “surrender now” “but you won’t survive this car accident”...

Nearly all of the speaking is done by the female lead character

finale ends with something along the lines of “Jason Bourne is still on the loose but thanks to him things around here are safer”, then a male announcer voice comes over and says “ladies and gentlemen, thank you for (something) the Bourne Stuntacular”
Appreciate all the info!

I remember when the rumors were originally flying around and we didn’t have the IP totally locked down and people were saying guns might not be used as it would be bad form in this current climate, yada yada. I’m glad they didn’t listen to any of that.
Though the hand to hand scenes were most people’s favorites, Bourne without guns would be idiotic. A part of me is excited to see what type they’ll use. The basic handgun prop or will we have some sniper scenes. Those were great and also crucial in the films: the field shots at the end of the first film, his girlfriend in 2nd film getting popped, the end of the films with him looking through the sniper rifle on the phone. I’m sure there’s more; That’s just off the top of my head from not seeing the films in a decade.

Appreciate all the info!

I remember when the rumors were originally flying around and we didn’t have the IP totally locked down and people were saying guns might not be used as it would be bad form in this current climate, yada yada. I’m glad they didn’t listen to any of that.
Though the hand to hand scenes were most people’s favorites, Bourne without guns would be idiotic. A part of me is excited to see what type they’ll use. The basic handgun prop or will we have some sniper scenes. Those were great and also crucial in the films: the field shots at the end of the first film, his girlfriend in 2nd film getting popped, the end of the films with him looking through the sniper rifle on the phone. I’m sure there’s more; That’s just off the top of my head from not seeing the films in a decade.
Regarding Snipers, look at the "O" in Bourne in the attraction logo. It looks like a sniper rifle scope to me.

5DDC7DMYKJH63FAWWY23MYU3AA.jpg

I semi-expect them to announce a grand opening during the Today Show stint. It's perfect timing for them to do so and it's close to when the show was expected to debut anyway (and we know they are doing a lot of runthroughs with full effects in-theater at the moment).

Plus it allows Uni to give some info on Velocicoaster during Peacock Live, if they so choose.

So I actually tried to lookup the TAIT production footage of the last Roger Waters tour. The ending light effect is apparently not filmable due to the lasers and cameras. In person this crazy custom light array made the prism during comfortably numb. It's easily one of the greatest concert effects of all time in concert production. These people working on this show are geniuses. If universal spent some real money on this the show is going to be a serious addition.

If you want to see a show that will blow you mind see roger waters on this tour. This is as good or better than any nighttime show that exists.

Reactions: tankart150