The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From my end: The show has been getting positive marks.
Me too. Heard it’s even better the second time.

Some cringy dialogue and a couple less than stellar CGI bits, but the real Physical set pieces and effects make it a great show.

Also, the preshow explains the whole franchise so you’re caught up to speed for the show (which I feel T2:3D did well too).

I will say, if the script is the problem, it’s high time Uni poaches someone from WDI to do their shows. Been an Achilles heel for far too long, especially with the investment that went into this one
Yes, bad dialogue scripts of the big stage shows, except for Grinchmas, have been an issue. I wonder if it's the same writer or writers that are being used. Bad corny script was probably the main issue with Sindbad. The last redo of Beetlejuice was shaky....and then there's Fear Factor.

• Sad
Reactions: tankart150
So it’s a screen show with some stunts.

Transitions from practical effects to screen are cool the coolest part. I think I expected more stunts out of an Action Horizons production. Too much (bad) dialogue and reliance on people knowing the Bourne universe and The CGI was very hit or miss for me.

Overall, it reminded me of the 360 part of F&F if that was translated to a stunt show.

giphy.gif

From my end: The show has been getting positive marks.
It’s impressive in how the hybrid of screen and sets go together and fwiw, I think guests will love it.

Was just expecting more in the way of stunts and the script is weak and plot is convoluted. I also felt no connection to it as I’ve never seen a Bourne film.

The vibe I’m getting is that it’s pretty divisive.
I think it also depends where your expectations are for it.

Sounds like it's a movie with stunt elements rather than a stunt show with movie elements. And on that level, I'm sure it's probably an enjoyable time.

With "Stuntacular" in the actual name, though, the live stunts that are in there had better be pretty impressive.

The finale was actually incredibly anti-climactic imo:
The big finale is a CGI stunt on the screen
That's a bummer.

• Angry
Reactions: tankart150
I just saw it and personally, I was blown away by it. I can't say how well it translates to a recording on TV or Youtube, but in person it looks absolutely insane. The show is so much more than the sum of its parts. I don't think any one effect in this show is more than okay, but when its all moving in sync and the action is in full play, it's probably the best show in Universal and overall attraction of this modern age of Screenz attractions (TF, Simpsons, Fallon, Kong, Diagon.)

I've heard worry that the street fight will mess with the flow of the action, it is the very first thing you see in the show. There isn't any flow for it to interrupt.

The seats don't move but the audience perspective is basically used as "the camera". Set pieces will turn and grow vertical as the HD screen background does making for some amazingly dynamic moments. It's easy to see why people would get motion sick. There are times where I found myself wondering how they did a thing and then stopping my train of thought because that would ruin the magic. None of the effects are very hard at all to figure out, but they fit together perfectly. There is one scene I won't spoil that feels absolutely insane to watch, but if you were to watch the stunt with a static set and no background visuals, it'd look pretty boring. Trust me when I say the crowd went bonkers for it regardless. It was really crazy looking in person.

The preshow is a little messy. The green screen effects are pretty gross and there is an absolute ton of exposition and setup thrown at you needlessly. I can't defend that aspect. Once you get in the theatre however the show knows to not let the story get in the way at all, which is all it pretty much needed to do. Plot synopsis: Bourne is about to leak info, bad guy CIA goes after them, good guy CIA gives him intel to fight back, he fights back. Don't think about the plot too much and just enjoy the spectacle. Anyone expecting a huge LOTR-esque story needs to rein in their expectations for this or any stunt show. None of them are high art exactly, but they are definitely awesome to watch and have fun with.

Wait until you can see it live to make up your mind, I haven't seen a Jason Bourne movie in my life and was able to see T2 a decent amount when it was here and still think that this blows every other show at Universal out of the water completely. Would watch again.

As I’ve said, I really hope my dad will like it; the Bourne series is his jam, far and away, in print and on film, and I’m gonna watch the trilogy with him so I can get caught up naturally. I plan on making a whole day out of taking him to USO to see the show.

So, that’s the thing I’m most concerned with: would a guy in his mid-60s who’s a total Bournehead dig this?

I just saw it and personally, I was blown away by it. I can't say how well it translates to a recording on TV or Youtube, but in person it looks absolutely insane. The show is so much more than the sum of its parts. I don't think any one effect in this show is more than okay, but when its all moving in sync and the action is in full play, the show is probably the best show in Universal and overall attraction of this modern age of 3D attractions (TF, Simpsons, Fallon, Kong, Diagon.)

I've heard worry that the street fight will mess with the flow of the action, it is the very first thing you see in the show. There isn't any flow for it to interrupt.

The seats don't move but the audience perspective is basically used as "the camera". Set pieces will turn and grow vertical as the HD screen background does making for some amazingly dynamic moments. There are times where I found myself wondering how they did a thing and then stopping my train of thought because that would ruin the magic. None of the effects are very hard at all to figure out, but they fit together perfectly.

The preshow is a little messy. The green screen effects are pretty gross and there is an absolute ton of exposition and setup thrown at you needlessly. I can't defend that aspect. Once you get in the theatre however the show knows to not let the story get in the way at all, which is all it pretty much needed to do. Plot synopsis: Bourne is about to leak info, bad guy CIA goes after them, good guy CIA gives him intel to fight back, he fights back. Don't think about the plot too much and just enjoy the spectacle. Anyone expecting a huge LOTR-esque story needs to rein in their expectations for this or any stunt show. None of them are high art exactly, but they are definitely awesome to watch and have fun with.

Wait until you can see it live to make up your mind, I haven't seen a Jason Bourne movie in my life and was able to see T2 a decent amount when it was here and still think that this blows every other show at Universal out of the water completely. Would watch again.
If you are referencing me, I have seen it. It’s a fine show and features a lot of cool elements. I just felt for a stunt show, it lacked a bit in the back half of the show especially.

I wasn't referencing anyone in particular. Just a general vibe I've gotten from a lot of places that this show must have a really in-depth plot or insane stuntwork to be good. I don't believe that in the slightest but that's neither here nor there. I'm really just here to give my thoughts, not try to change anyone else's.