The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wasn't referencing anyone in particular. Just a general vibe I've gotten from a lot of places that this show must have a really in-depth plot or insane stuntwork to be good. I don't believe that in the slightest but that's neither here nor there. I'm really just here to give my thoughts, not try to change anyone else's.
From a show branding itself as a "Stuntacular" id hope for some more stunt work. I'll reserve judgement until I see it however.

In the group I was with (around 6-7), One person said they thought it was great and pretty much everyone else had positive and negatives, but the consensus was the screen/set use was cool, finale was lackluster and the first half of the show has a decent amount of stuntwork and it went downhill second half. The pacing is a bit stop-and-start, too with the dialogue parts disrupting things a bit more than one would like for a stunt show.

I realize i'm only one opinion, but the screen stuff is legitimately cool. I can see how someone could walk out and be impressed just based on that, but i'd say the best pure stunt show in Orlando is Indy still. Maybe I was just expecting to much in the way of stunts. This show will definitely be a crowd pleaser, although i'd highly advise against taking small children here due to the gun shots which are LOUD and will startle/trigger certain people.

I will agree that the last act of the show really is more about showing off the cool tech effects they were able to pull off rather than exceptionally great stuntwork. I was thoroughly entertained either way, but expectations play into it a lot I'm sure. I think the dynamic effects they use for the dialogue scenes made those easier to digest for me, but again, another thing that people will just have to judge for themselves about.

I think the weakest part of the show was one of the major chase scenes about halfway through, but I've heard a few others saying that that scene was one of their favorites. I'm predicting this show will end up being fairly divisive, as everyone will be going in for something different. FWIW I think most people will find something substantial to like about it.

I will agree that the last act of the show really is more about showing off the cool tech effects they were able to pull off rather than exceptionally great stuntwork. I was thoroughly entertained either way, but expectations play into it a lot I'm sure. I think the dynamic effects they use for the dialogue scenes made those easier to digest for me, but again, another thing that people will just have to judge for themselves about.

I think the weakest part of the show was one of the major chase scenes about halfway through, but I've heard a few others saying that that scene was one of their favorites. I'm predicting this show will end up being fairly divisive, as everyone will be going in for something different. FWIW I think most people will find something substantial to like about it.
If I don't feel like I wasted 20 mins of park time I will be happy enough. T2 got to be that way for me.

Reactions: Andysol
In the group I was with (around 6-7), One person said they thought it was great and pretty much everyone else had positive and negatives, but the consensus was the screen/set use was cool, finale was lackluster and the first half of the show has a decent amount of stuntwork and it went downhill second half. The pacing is a bit stop-and-start, too with the dialogue parts disrupting things a bit more than one would like for a stunt show.

I realize i'm only one opinion, but the screen stuff is legitimately cool. I can see how someone could walk out and be impressed just based on that, but i'd say the best pure stunt show in Orlando is Indy still. Maybe I was just expecting to much in the way of stunts. This show will definitely be a crowd pleaser, although i'd highly advise against taking small children here due to the gun shots which are LOUD and will startle/trigger certain people.
How loud are the gunshots? Are there any practical explosions? I have mild PTSD, but I go to Waterworld or Indy since I know when they will happen. The severity of the loudness is what determines if it's easy or not for me to handle, but if it's sudden and you can't tell it's coming, it can be a lot worse.

It sucks...I'd like to go in blind to the show, but in all reality, I'll probably have to watch it online first to prep.

Okay, some quick thoughts:

The pre-show is really bad. The green screen background looks awful, and the script/acting feels like being in the Flight of Passage preshow all over again. It also served little purpose because you got all the information again in the main showroom before the show starts, and there’s way too much explanation for why we’re *watching* the action take place.

Thankfully, the main show fares much better. The stunts are awesome, and the integration of screens and sets is very cool, with lots of ‘wow’ moments. The script is the weakest part, but a good chunk of it is free of dialogue, which is when the show shines.

My biggest complaint is that there are several parts where Bourne is running from CGI humans on the screen, and while it works in crowd scenes, the projected humans don’t work when they’re the focus.

Overall, it’s pretty good. I wouldn’t go out of my way to see it again, but if anyone I was with wanted to see it I also wouldn’t be opposed.

Listen. I’ve seen this show a few times at this point. It’s a time. Not a bad time. A fun time.
This is making me excited for the future tech in theme park shows and attractions. You can go in and know nothing about Jason Bourne(I still don’t know) and have a great time. You have to see it for yourselves to get your view on it.
I personally am excited to see this show many more times. After watching it, I know exactly what people will complain about on twitter and I’m ready to laugh at it. “Theme Park Twitter” is going to be so split, but most of the people are going to post things to get attention.

Throw away the fact that this was terminator. It’s nonstop, doesn’t slow down, and a fun time in an air conditioned building.

Listen. I’ve seen this show a few times at this point. It’s a time. Not a bad time. A fun time.
This is making me excited for the future tech in theme park shows and attractions. You can go in and know nothing about Jason Bourne(I still don’t know) and have a great time. You have to see it for yourselves to get your view on it.

Agreed on all fronts, especially seeing it for yourself. Videos are great, but there’s nothing like being there, especially for something as in your face as a stunt show. The tech is next-level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
So what’s the latest opening date guess? I know some people said it was probably pushed to april but if the sorts are going well which they seem to be...

So what’s the latest opening date guess? I know some people said it was probably pushed to april but if the sorts are going well which they seem to be...
I don’t know if it was mentioned in the thread yet, but they have had some minor technical issues and had to restart scenes in a couple of the shows. Not restarting the whole show, but the current scene resets and they try again when it messes up.

With the TM previews over, I am guessing soft opens could start as early as tomorrow.

That's just a guess, so don't @ me if they don't.
When I saw it, the speakers weren't yet working in the preshow so they had a set of temporary ones up. I assume they'll want to get that fixed before opening for real. Also, as Alicia said, there was a few moments of them having technical issues that they seem to still be sorting out (although I did see it once run w/o issue).

I don't think it's really been mentioned, but the queue is very generic. Just a bunch of switchbacks and Bourne photos along with the two props that Alicia mentioned would be there. If you're a Bourne fan, I suppose the props could be cool. The preshow is rather long (~8 minutes) and it basically tries to explain the Bourne Universe to you in that period of time with very poor dialogue. In the end, it all boils down to one thing: Get Jason Bourne.

• Sad
Reactions: tankart150
When I saw it, the speakers weren't yet working in the preshow so they had a set of temporary ones up. I assume they'll want to get that fixed before opening for real. Also, as Alicia said, there was a few moments of them having technical issues that they seem to still be sorting out (although I did see it once run w/o issue).

I don't think it's really been mentioned, but the queue is very generic. Just a bunch of switchbacks and Bourne photos along with the two props that Alicia mentioned would be there. If you're a Bourne fan, I suppose the props could be cool. The preshow is rather long (~8 minutes) and it basically tries to explain the Bourne Universe to you in that period of time with very poor dialogue. In the end, it all boils down to one thing: Get Jason Bourne.
I can see them wanting the speakers in the preshow hooked up. But working out technical glitches on the fly is what "Technical Rehearsals" are for.