Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

I remember the screen in Hagrid's queue, didn't stop them letting the GP in.
They had already announced an opening date for Hagrid though so it's a bit different. With Bourne, it basically opens whenever they want it to.

FWIW, i've heard that they understaffed on the ops side of things and that's causing issues as they plan to do continuous shows (supposedly), but ops had only prepared enough staff for what they would need for a set schedule.

While I was originally in the softs this week camp, I’m now thinking mid next week is more probable. You never know though.

As most Universal attractions have a clever reference to the previous attraction was housed on that place (Mummy --> King Kong, Simpsons --> BTTF, etc) I was wondering if Bourne will have a reference to Terminator 2 3D. Does someone (who has been at the soft openings) have any idea?

As most Universal attractions have a clever reference to the previous attraction was housed on that place (Mummy --> King Kong, Simpsons --> BTTF, etc) I was wondering if Bourne will have a reference to Terminator 2 3D. Does someone (who has been at the soft openings) have any idea?
There's a pretty obvious reference to Terminator at the end of the pre-show and in the actual show there's also dialogue that says something about "Terminating". I'm sure they are more subtle references in the theming that I missed.

Once this opens, could we potential start a spoiler thread or maybe someone can try and (come as close to, obviously) time stamping when the gun shots especially happen? I think with those specially they can be triggering for a lot of people, especially since their blanks. I can handle things like this but I saw another poster mentioning having PTSD to gun shots as do I, so I think this would be super helpful.

Once this opens, could we potential start a spoiler thread or maybe someone can try and (come as close to, obviously) time stamping when the gun shots especially happen? I think with those specially they can be triggering for a lot of people, especially since their blanks. I can handle things like this but I saw another poster mentioning having PTSD to gun shots as do I, so I think this would be super helpful.
Yes please (that was me who asked about it lol)

Sounds like the seats do not move at all. Show was good according to what I’ve heard. Not many actors. Lots of screen but the physical props and set pieces in front are impressive. Stage is massive but seating area smaller. Several fire effects, wind, and since it’s universal of course, water.

I’m sure we’ll hear more thoughts as the weekend goes on. I’m looking forward to seeing it myself.
The seats don’t drop? Darn, I was hoping they would keep that. Is there any homages to T2?
Edit: I just saw another poster asked about homage, got it :)

Last edited:
Honest question. How will this show work with social distancing protocols? It would be hard to be 6 ft apart if the scene requires the actors to fight eachother

Honest question. How will this show work with social distancing protocols? It would be hard to be 6 ft apart if the scene requires the actors to fight eachother
Shanghai Disneyland is bringing back their live shows slowly, so it's..not as impossible as some may suggest.

I'd expect Bourne to come around sometime in the Summer, if only reworked for the sake of guests and certain aspects.

I have to imagine it will take a little bit for the show to get up and running. They’ll need to rehearse again and maybe TM previews again (and maybe even cast for the show again for select roles) as I’ve said in the past. Social distancing in the audience will be easy, it’s the cast that actually needs to worry about it more, imo.

I have to imagine it will take a little bit for the show to get up and running. They’ll need to rehearse again and maybe TM previews again (and maybe even cast for the show again for select roles) as I’ve said in the past. Social distancing in the audience will be easy, it’s the cast that actually needs to worry about it more, imo.
See this is why I feel if the parks are just beginning to open in late summer, we don't even see this until 2021. With all you said and rehearsals needed (some fight choreography is legally mandated to be rehearsed prior to performance and of daily performance), so its not even a matter of if the actors already know the show, they quite literally have to run it through again.

Man, I feel for these actors though.

These elite athletes are certainly not at severe risk in any sense of the word.

They might just assume the risk and go with it and trust that their other actors aren’t being buffoons when they get home.

I’m almost positive if they give these athlete/actors the option of performing or not, they’d choose performing. Why not leave it up to their discretion? Allow them to decide unanimously and anonymously.