Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

I like how everyone on there is saying Bourne is irrelevant in 2019, yet a new Bourne show debuts on TV tonight.

Maybe if it was airing on NBC people would notice, but I guess USA is just off the radar for many folks.
What's amazing is some of the USA shows pull ratings comparable with the four major network offerings. Clearly TV viewing has changed these past 10-20 years. Putting it on USA instead of NBC probably allows them to go a bit heavier on the violence and language content. Different rules/standards for the cable side.

I like how everyone on there is saying Bourne is irrelevant in 2019, yet a new Bourne show debuts on TV tonight.

Maybe if it was airing on NBC people would notice, but I guess USA is just off the radar for many folks.

I don't think the property is overly relevant, but I think the only property that would have made more sense for what they're trying to do is Bond, and they couldn't get Bond. So we're getting the next best thing

It sounds like this is being handled like a grand music concert production.

According to @Disneyhead the AV team behind the screen is the same one that does The Wall tour for Roger Waters, so that's an accurate take. And I believe the stunts are being coordinated by the same company that does Waterworld. So the show is definitely in some capable hands.

Have they increased the capacity for this at all?

You don't need to increase capacity if you use a dying IP
giphy.gif

I joke but seriously, I don't think the theatre needs any expansion. T2 was a huge deal when it opened and it handled it well enough, obviously the parks are busier now but I think it will manage just fine.
Ya very true. I frankly don't remember the capacity all too well for Terminator so thats why I was curious. Also didn't know if they'd change the stage setup due to the new show coming in