Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

Is it still just stationary seating and one screen? The multiple locations gets me thinking, but I don’t think they installed a moving theater or any sort.

And history continues on, keep on leaking Universal.

I wonder if they kept the floor drop effect from Termintor

Also, I hope the chairs are more comfortable haha

I'd assume they would take a page from DWT, and gut the theater's seating so they can add new seats with individual profiles for each one. Might mean reduced seating by a bit, but it'd pay off in the long run.

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Bourne Legacy
The Bourne Betrayal
The Bourne Nemesis
.... it goes on.

“The Bourne Stuntacular” aligns with the series’ titling structure, while telling guests its a stunt show +. Frankly, it’s perfect.

I know the IP is getting a lot of side-eye and eye-rolls... but I’m genuinely excited for this IP. I love the Bourne movies (at least the first 3) and often revisit them. I don’t think relevant and current are the same things... they may not be current but they’re still incredible films. And as has been said a number of times, bad choice of IP doesn’t mean bad attraction.

With the expansions of the building to the sides I expect there is at least a 180 degrees show and staging.
I also expect a rotating platform for the seats. It doesn't need do much more to make this amazing as is shown by this Dutch production that already runs 9 years. I'm very excited for this.

Like most I don't have many feelings about the IP. Saw the first two films and they were enjoyable enough, but never kept up with the series.
However, I do love a stunt show and have seen Indiana Jones so many times now that something new in that area is very welcome IMO.

Wick is also predicated on almost exclusively gun-related violence, which probably isn't the best play this day and age.
Have you ever seen a Bourne Movie? :lol:
And why would guns not be used? It’s incredibly relevant in all the Bourne movies; especially sniper rifles. Moreover, Kate is shooting all sorts of things in Reign Kong, Transformers are shooting constantly, and guns are everywhere in F&F: all the most recent attractions not named Fallon or Harry Potter. So it’s not like Universal has some “no gun violence in our attractions” stance.
Universal, thankfully, isn’t one to shy away from guns when it’s appropriate.

The only difference is Bourne movies have character and plot development; whereas John wick replaces all character and plot development with more amazing fight sequences. Wick simply has way more violence overall.
I would argue The main difference in terms of action is chase scenes, which wick doesn’t really do. But type of violence? Similar, except for the amount of it.

Either way, IP is likely not to matter on this. The only time we’ll even get “Bourne vibes” will be when The great Moby song starts up.

It's a stunt show wearing a Bourne t-shirt...I think Universal wanted a new stunt show, but didn't want a generic one, so they slapped on the Bourne IP which is recognizable enough to get people in the door to see the show.

In other words, it's going to be a fun stunt show and fill a void that Studios has right now
This sums up the IP selection pretty perfectly.

they’ll even be able to sell a treadstone shirt or two

I have been saying that since I found out that the same company that did the visual effects for Roger Waters' "The Wall" Tour is working on it. This show should be quite the visual treat.

Sensory overload. Visual tricks. Blending of reality and special effects that might be somewhat mind blowing.

OK, you two are now amping me up for this thing. :popcorn:

Last edited:
With the expansions of the building to the sides I expect there is at least a 180 degrees show and staging.
I also expect a rotating platform for the seats. It doesn't need do much more to make this amazing as is shown by this Dutch production that already runs 9 years. I'm very excited for this.

That looks fantastic. I don't care what we get, I want that to come to the new resort as a paid show.