Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

- BatB singalong, new Canada movie and Awesome Planet film at Epcot on January 17th
- Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot in February
- Runaway Railway at DHS on March 4th
- Mickey Shorts Theater at DHS in March 2020
- Ratatouille ride at Epcot in Summer 2020
- Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo at DHS in 2020

All poppycock compared to The Bourne Stuntacular!

All the stuff Disney's been building for years is now opening, yes.

Your point is kinda lost here since T2 closed in October 2017 :lol:

My point is Disney was caught in a blue ocean strategy when Hogsmeade opened, Universal continued to build. Disney then shifted around 2014 to get back into gear of new attractions; we are now seeing the fruits of this labor. Disney is catching up at WDW. As my car analogy has gone Universal has been steadily taking care of the car and replacing parts while Disney drove it till it nearly fell apart and replace more in one go. Doesn't make Disney a better car owner, doesn't mean Universal made the best decisions, and doesn't mean Disney can just rest now.

My point is Disney was caught in a blue ocean strategy when Hogsmeade opened, Universal continued to build. Disney then shifted around 2014 to get back into gear of new attractions; we are now seeing the fruits of this labor. Disney is catching up at WDW. As my car analogy has gone Universal has been steadily taking care of the car and replacing parts while Disney drove it till it nearly fell apart and replace more in one go. Doesn't make Disney a better car owner, doesn't mean Universal made the best decisions, and doesn't mean Disney can just rest now.
Going by a car analogy, Disney let their’s get so bad it stopped running. They had to buy a new one.

Hopefully Disney continues investment. Not necessarily at the level we saw the past few years as that was more playing catch-up and would be unsustainable long term. But they can’t just let the parks rot again.

Going by a car analogy, Disney let their’s get so bad it stopped running. They had to buy a new one.

Hopefully Disney continues investment. Not necessarily at the level we saw the past few years as that was more playing catch-up and would be unsustainable long term. But they can’t just let the parks rot again.
The problem is Disney has viewed these investments as a reason to jack prices up for short term gains and not to increase guest numbers and satisfaction.I would not be surprised to see universal planning a 4th dry park before Disney felt forced to add a 5th if they ever even do so.

The problem is Disney has viewed these investments as a reason to jack prices up for short term gains and not to increase guest numbers and satisfaction.I would not be surprised to see universal planning a 4th dry park before Disney felt forced to add a 5th if they ever even do so.
Disney still has three parks that need a lot of work before they ever consider a 5th park.

- BatB singalong, new Canada movie and Awesome Planet film at Epcot on January 17th
- Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot in February
- Runaway Railway at DHS on March 4th
- Mickey Shorts Theater at DHS in March 2020
- Ratatouille ride at Epcot in Summer 2020
- Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo at DHS in 2020

All poppycock compared to The Bourne Stuntacular!
That are a lot of screens and projectors, let's hope they got a good discount.

Did Disney cut out their radio to save on costs? :tease:

:lol:

Oh, Joe. Never change, my friend.
It’s undeniable that Disney basically took a decade off stateside and, while Universal didn’t “catch” Disney, they caught them resting on their laurels, which allowed them to become the serious player they are today.

Imagine if Disney didn’t give JK Rowling such a weak sauce pitch for Potter and they got that IP? Universal could’ve easily gone bankrupt by now as they had serious financial issues at the time.

2016-2021 WDW will have seen a ton of great additions and investment, but what about 2000-2015? You can’t argue the parks got stale af for awhile there.

It’s undeniable that Disney basically took a decade off stateside and, while Universal didn’t “catch” Disney, they caught them resting on their laurels, which allowed them to become the serious player they are today.
Imagine if Disney didn’t give JK Rowling such a weak sauce pitch for Potter and they got that IP? Universal could’ve easily gone bankrupt by now as they had serious financial issues at the time.

2016-2021 WDW will have seen a ton of great additions and investment, but what about 2000-2015? You can’t argue the parks got stale af for awhile there.

Agreed on all accounts. Which is why I would have said “to stay ahead”.

I'm really looking forward to this but no, it shouldn't be the sole new attraction to anchor USF's 30th Anniversary. :lol:

I don't know if Uni's talent is spread thin amongst their projects here, Beijing, and Epic, but it seems like there's plenty of opportunity to keep things fresh that have fallen by the way side. Looking at you, empty theaters.

Last edited:
Though I’m hyped for this show, and happy with bourne as an Ip (a spy movie stunt show just has to sound fun to me) it really opened my eyes to how little universal ips there are left that would work majorly in the parks (that aren’t animated). The Ucms and JW are the only ones yet to get lands that feel like they could work for them (and I am in love with the UCM land idea), but a ton of Universal Ips don’t feel like they could be turned into a ride/land. However I think the UCMs are hidden gold for a land and will do phenomenal in terms of draw, allure and success

Though I’m hyped for this show, and happy with bourne as an Ip (a spy movie stunt show just has to sound fun to me) it really opened my eyes to how little universal ips there are left that would work majorly in the parks (that aren’t animated). The Ucms and JW are the only ones yet to get lands that feel like they could work for them (and I am in love with the UCM land idea), but a ton of Universal Ips don’t feel like they could be turned into a ride/land. However I think the UCMs are hidden gold for a land and will do phenomenal in terms of draw, allure and success

They could renew the Hannibal TV series and open a Hannibal restaurant!

But yeah I'm not sure what other IPs they could utilize but they seem to try to stay current so maybe they'll have new IP take off soon and capitalize on it.

Honestly.. I've never seen a Bourne film. But I'm intrigued by the rumors I've heard for this attraction.
Same, I know nothing about the films other than "Jesus Christ, its Jason Bourne" but this show sounds great and a great fit for USF right now. Should be a decent people eater id think.

Same, I know nothing about the films other than "Jesus Christ, its Jason Bourne" but this show sounds great and a great fit for USF right now. Should be a decent people eater id think.
I came into this thread super late so I'm not sure if certain things have been debunked - but I'd love to see that motion theatre concept.

I came into this thread super late so I'm not sure if certain things have been debunked - but I'd love to see that motion theatre concept.
Don't believe this is going to be that, unfortunately. However this show is truly supposed to be sensory overload to the max and "blur the line between screens and reality". Apparently very high tech LED Screens that blend into the set. Thats about all we know but the insiders here seem to think this has the potential to be pretty good.

Don't believe this is going to be that, unfortunately. However this show is truly supposed to be sensory overload to the max and "blur the line between screens and reality". Apparently very high tech LED Screens that blend into the set. Thats about all we know but the insiders here seem to think this has the potential to be pretty good.
As long as there's fire and big stunts, I'll be happy!

They could renew the Hannibal TV series and open a Hannibal restaurant!

My mother rates this an “ew”. :)

I watched the first movie recently, it’s actually a pretty solid movie still. I haven’t seen any of the others yet, but that one feels very grounded and practical. If that’s what we have to look forward to in the show, I think we will all be pleased.