The Cloverfield Paradox | Inside Universal Forums

The Cloverfield Paradox

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope it's good. I has stoked for God Particle before it became Cloverfield. My concern is that the Clover-verse messed up a fascinating story.

Reactions: MattA
I really hope it's good. I has stoked for God Particle before it became Cloverfield. My concern is that the Clover-verse messed up a fascinating story.

I hope it’s good too but it will be far too late for me to watch it tonight.

On the plus side, if you already have Netflix you don’t have pay anything extra to see it and you can watch it now.

If it’s a huge success, I’d love to see this trend of instantly dropping movies with no real trailers or potential spoilers.

It would have been fine without being Cloverfield. That said, it was fun. Mundy was a great character. It's serviceable in that it "justifies" the anthological craziness where "monsters exist, just go with it" of the Clover-verse.

Yikes, the film is......well I know why it was dumped on Netflix.
Best part of the film was the score and the diverse casting
Things aren't being "dumped" on Netflix anymore. Netflix is being active in going and getting these things. They're spending over $8B just on film this year. They fully expect this to be the year where people start to respect Netflix's original film content just as well as their original TV slate.

I thought it was entertaining, and gave some nice details on the Cloverfield mythology. It’s definitely the weakest of the bunch but I still quite enjoyed it. Even though there is this sense that Paramount wasn’t confident in giving this a theatrical release and Netflix came in to save the day, this is a pretty big deal. A franchise with a pretty passionate fanbase just revealed a new installment and released it on the same day, I’m not sure how long it will take for the impact of this to happen, but when it does, I’m sure more studios will attempt this. I’m not sure if the other new Cloverfield movie is coming to Netflix or not, but if it does, I’d like them to just release it with no trailer and without telling anyone.

I thought this movie was a disgrace to the cloverfield universe. If you knew the manga, and universe as much as I did, you already knew why the monster appeared. This movie neglected all senses of realism the first movie built for a cheap sci-fi gimmick. Not to mention Cloverfield takes place in 2008, and this movie takes place in the future, yet this is a prequel.....made absolutely no sense. I'm gonna pretend like this movie didn't happen.

Not to mention Cloverfield takes place in 2008, and this movie takes place in the future, yet this is a prequel.....made absolutely no sense. I'm gonna pretend like this movie didn't happen.

Well they explain why and how... that's the main crutch of the movie... o_O

But yea, this movie was pretty bad. Strong cast, but it was pretty meh for most of it. I just wanted it to end.

Things aren't being "dumped" on Netflix anymore. Netflix is being active in going and getting these things. They're spending over $8B just on film this year. They fully expect this to be the year where people start to respect Netflix's original film content just as well as their original TV slate.

Nah, this movie was dumped to Netflix. The head of Paramount dumped it to them to recoup something. Netflix can pretend they're disrupting the system, but most of their original films are garbage that people "watch" when it autoplays when they fall asleep.

This movies suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Even without the shoehorned Cloverfield references that didn't explain anything, it was a bunch of nonsequiters cribbed from better movies.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
This was a MESS. I'll be shocked if there's a 2018 movie that dethrones it as worst of the year within the next few months. There's a reason Paramount wanted to dump it in theaters on this weekend.

Nah, this movie was dumped to Netflix. The head of Paramount dumped it to them to recoup something. Netflix can pretend they're disrupting the system, but most of their original films are garbage that people "watch" when it autoplays when they fall asleep.

This movies suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Even without the shoehorned Cloverfield references that didn't explain anything, it was a bunch of nonsequiters cribbed from better movies.
I agree this wasn't good, but I have some hope for a decent amount of their slate from what i've seen this year.

Netflix can pretend they're disrupting the system, but most of their original films are garbage that people "watch" when it autoplays when they fall asleep.

This movies suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

I agree. Awful.

Mudbound was really good. While not amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed a Futile and Stupid Gesture. But other than that? One resounding "meh" after the other. Their TV shows are certainly better - but still doesn't best what HBO is putting out or what AMC used to put out before diving into head first into mediocrity (sans Better Call Saul). And no one can touch what FX has been bringing out the past few years- they're certainly the leader in critical hits.

Amazon is slowly starting to turn a corner now. Big Sick was a sleeper success and The Marvelous Mrs. Masel is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
And no one can touch what FX has been bringing out the past few years- they're certainly the leader in critical hits.
Really?

I’d put Leftovers, Shameless, Black Sails, Westworld, and a few others over anything on FX. FX has Legion. Fargo has floundered since season 1, and Feud is likely a one off.