The Condition of City Walk | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of City Walk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I'm not trying to copy off of the Hulk or Soundstage 44 thread...however...while at Universal last time I noticed some, well, issues with City Walk. I'm sure it is something that the first time guest wouldn't notice however Some areas of City Walk are looking rather dirty and the paint is fading...mostly the area walking up towards the CityWalk entrance (Parking Garage area)...I think a month or two of rehab in this area would be a big plus for this area..maybe some repainting here and there..has anyone else noticed this issue..?
Also I think it's time for a new Universal entrance sign before you enter the parking garage..it's looking faded as well..

I'm not trying to copy off of the Hulk or Soundstage 44 thread...however...while at Universal last time I noticed some, well, issues with City Walk. I'm sure it is something that the first time guest wouldn't notice however Some areas of City Walk are looking rather dirty and the paint is fading...mostly the area walking up towards the CityWalk entrance (Parking Garage area)...I think a month or two of rehab in this area would be a big plus for this area..maybe some repainting here and there..has anyone else noticed this issue..?
Also I think it's time for a new Universal entrance sign before you enter the parking garage..it's looking faded as well..

Are you referring to the Universal sign on Major BV?
DSC02683-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Citywalk is fine. Let's focus on the more prevalent park issues (Soundstage 44, Fear Factor, dormant Toon Lagoon theater, Ripsaw Falls, Cat...)

Touching up City Walk should just be the icing on the cake. The cake of course, being a major new addition to both parks. People go to the resort for the rides first and to shop second.

Touching up City Walk should just be the icing on the cake. The cake of course, being a major new addition to both parks. People go to the resort for the rides first and to shop second.

couldnt agree more. I think people are going to citywalk for food/shopping. Not really looking at the paint color or what not, where as Its important in the theme park. IMO

only thing i would like to see if the repair of the garages to use the full extent of the parking available... some levels have the ends blocked off for one reason or another... (and here I was going to think i would see someone talking about the empty space on the 2nd story...)

only thing i would like to see if the repair of the garages to use the full extent of the parking available... some levels have the ends blocked off for one reason or another... (and here I was going to think i would see someone talking about the empty space on the 2nd story...)

I will lol I hate empty space thus I hate Soundstage 44 and Fear Factor.... but after Disney gave up all the clubs to Universal I'm surprised Universal hasn't tried to add more.. Maybe something like a Comedy Warehouse ... but I will agree I want money spent in the Parks before City Walk... the parking area really needs some rehab and the moving walk ways seems to be broken a lot ...

the moving walkways are not always broken... just some pure evil tourists who lift a cover and push the E-stop button on them.... takes security ages to block the walkways and restart them as a result. Rarely are they ever truly broken though.

the moving walkways are not always broken... just some pure evil tourists who lift a cover and push the E-stop button on them.... takes security ages to block the walkways and restart them as a result. Rarely are they ever truly broken though.

That is probably one of my biggest frustrations with other guests. Why would you want to be that much of a jerk? I really don't get it:mad:

I will lol I hate empty space thus I hate Soundstage 44 and Fear Factor.... but after Disney gave up all the clubs to Universal I'm surprised Universal hasn't tried to add more.. Maybe something like a Comedy Warehouse ... but I will agree I want money spent in the Parks before City Walk... the parking area really needs some rehab and the moving walk ways seems to be broken a lot ...

Nothing at City Walk excites me in the slightest. To me it is a colossal waste of space.

I will lol I hate empty space thus I hate Soundstage 44 and Fear Factor.... but after Disney gave up all the clubs to Universal I'm surprised Universal hasn't tried to add more..
They don't really have that much expansion space. The only expansion space I can think of is on the right when you are coming into Citywalk and then MAYBE you could make some room for expansion by where the Hardrock Hotel paths lead onto property. Other than adding another story I can't really think of any expansion space.

I believe the OP is either new to UOR or just unaware. Nascar had a major rebuild in the last three years as did the upper level with three new restaurants. Tommy Bahamas was just installed in the past 5 years as was Bubba Gumps. Citywalk is ever changing... it is always being updated. Still sets the stage for me!

I believe the OP is either new to UOR or just unaware. Nascar had a major rebuild in the last three years as did the upper level with three new restaurants. Tommy Bahamas was just installed in the past 5 years as was Bubba Gumps. Citywalk is ever changing... it is always being updated. Still sets the stage for me!

Don't forget Fat Tuesday's.

That voice sounds so familiar... almost like Ricky Brigante recorded it. though I love how they use it on the MAIN ones but once you go into the garages it's not there... almost as if the lawyers didn't go past the dome area.

YES! The voice does sound familiar, doesn't it? It takes me a good 10 minutes to forget about it, it always gets stuck in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.