The Condition of the Yeti AA | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

Victoria

Rookie
Sep 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
From the Orlando Sentinel:
Thrill seekers, get ready. Walt Disney World passholders are invited to a special event to celebrate the fifth birthday of Expedition Everest.

Pre-registered passholders can “get your fill of Yeti thrills” from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, March 5 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, according to the latest edition of Mickey Monitor. The theme park is scheduled to close at 6 p.m. that Saturday, so it’s a rare after-hours event.

Sign-ups begin on Feb. 18 at disneyworld.com/passholder. You must be registered on the site and have your current passholder ID on file to gain access to the sign-ups.
I wonder if they're gonna turn on the Yeti for his big day..

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
And risk him falling on people? They should add to that:

We will turn on the Yeti in the mountain again after a 2 year absence and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have come down and give you a hug while riding!

mantaguy

Veteran Member
Dec 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, Fl

We will turn on the Yeti in the mountain again after a 2 year absence and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have come down and give you a hug while riding!
Oh come on, that would be a better thrill than the ride itself ever offers!

TSSD

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2010
New York, NY

And one lucky passholder gets a great souvenir! Who needs a disco ball? Get your own Disco Yeti!

Victoria

Rookie
Sep 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
I don't think this ride is poor but I do think it's a shadow of its former self. Quite a bit of its effects are either broken or turned off. It's still fun and the attention to detail is awesome but it's not a must do for me.

Helena123

Feb 20, 2010
England
Even without the effects I think it's a decent coaster. I never saw the Yeti in full A-mode so I can't make a fair comparison, but when you look at the list of effect turned off compared to those still on, it is a bit of a sorry sight.

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
I didn't know there was a LIST of effects, I thought it was just one 20 foot long list doing a disco dance.

Helena123

Feb 20, 2010
England
There's a few minor effects that are switched off or are only sometimes active.
The train should steam at the load station, there's a second waterfall which hasn't been active in years & there's a cloud effect that is supposed to be coming off the top of mountain, to name a few.

TSSD

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2010
New York, NY
The train should steam at the load station, there's a second waterfall which hasn't been active in years & there's a cloud effect that is supposed to be coming off the top of mountain, to name a few.
I never knew about these! C'mon Disney, get your act together!

FloRida848

Rookie
Feb 17, 2010
thank god I went the first year it opened. The thing about the yeti is that you only see it for a second anyways so i dont really care. Also, on the top of the mountain there used to be a falcon that would appear.

Helena123

Feb 20, 2010
England
thank god I went the first year it opened. The thing about the yeti is that you only see it for a second anyways so i dont really care. Also, on the top of the mountain there used to be a falcon that would appear.
The bird at the top of the mountain still appears from time to time, it's one of those effects that are a bit hit or miss.