Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

Sep 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
From the Orlando Sentinel:
Thrill seekers, get ready. Walt Disney World passholders are invited to a special event to celebrate the fifth birthday of Expedition Everest.

Pre-registered passholders can “get your fill of Yeti thrills” from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, March 5 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, according to the latest edition of Mickey Monitor. The theme park is scheduled to close at 6 p.m. that Saturday, so it’s a rare after-hours event.

Sign-ups begin on Feb. 18 at disneyworld.com/passholder. You must be registered on the site and have your current passholder ID on file to gain access to the sign-ups.

I wonder if they're gonna turn on the Yeti for his big day..

And risk him falling on people? They should add to that:

We will turn on the Yeti in the mountain again after a 2 year absence and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have come down and give you a hug while riding!

We will turn on the Yeti in the mountain again after a 2 year absence and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have come down and give you a hug while riding!

Oh come on, that would be a better thrill than the ride itself ever offers!

And one lucky passholder gets a great souvenir! Who needs a disco ball? Get your own Disco Yeti!

I don't think this ride is poor but I do think it's a shadow of its former self. Quite a bit of its effects are either broken or turned off. It's still fun and the attention to detail is awesome but it's not a must do for me.

Even without the effects I think it's a decent coaster. I never saw the Yeti in full A-mode so I can't make a fair comparison, but when you look at the list of effect turned off compared to those still on, it is a bit of a sorry sight.

I didn't know there was a LIST of effects, I thought it was just one 20 foot long list doing a disco dance.

There's a few minor effects that are switched off or are only sometimes active.
The train should steam at the load station, there's a second waterfall which hasn't been active in years & there's a cloud effect that is supposed to be coming off the top of mountain, to name a few.

The train should steam at the load station, there's a second waterfall which hasn't been active in years & there's a cloud effect that is supposed to be coming off the top of mountain, to name a few.

I never knew about these! C'mon Disney, get your act together!

thank god I went the first year it opened. The thing about the yeti is that you only see it for a second anyways so i dont really care. Also, on the top of the mountain there used to be a falcon that would appear.

thank god I went the first year it opened. The thing about the yeti is that you only see it for a second anyways so i dont really care. Also, on the top of the mountain there used to be a falcon that would appear.

The bird at the top of the mountain still appears from time to time, it's one of those effects that are a bit hit or miss.