1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo (Tampa)

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by Scarletwebslingr, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Scarletwebslingr

Scarletwebslingr Veteran Member

While I'm not entirely sure if "Non-Orlando Theme Parks" is where this belongs, I had no idea where else to put it. Recently my cousin (the bald one) and I made an improve trip to the Florida Aquarium to play with penguins ($30 but whatever, worth it if you like penguins). The Aquarium itself was actually a lot nicer than I remembered it being as a kid.

After our play date with penguins, we drove maybe ten miles to the Lowery Park Zoo. It was $25, typical zoo price I guess. Much like the Aquarium, the zoo has stepped it up a notch since I last visited. Plenty of animals and surprisingly good hotdogs and waffle fries. To feed a giraffe was 3 bucks so we figured what the hell. I slapped together a video. Check it out (the Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo, I mean) if you find yourself bored and in Tampa. Near by also was Mermaid Tavern. Great drinks.

[video=youtube;wq4_pSCDixg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq4_pSCDixg[/video]

2. maxairmike

maxairmike Veteran Member

I'll never forget the unexpected "kiss" I got from a giraffe at the Indianapolis Zoo when I was visiting Indy once. :lol:

I've been meaning to check these out, but when I'm in Tampa, a baseball game, the beach, or BGT are usually my priority. Sounds like I'll have to really set aside a day soon for these two.

3. Scarletwebslingr

Scarletwebslingr Veteran Member

I GOT A GIRAFFE KISS, TOO! Then the guide informed me of their habitual drinking of urine and offered me Purell. Lowery Park also had rhino feeding for $5 but it was closed by the time we got to the Africa section.