The Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo (Tampa) | Inside Universal Forums

The Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo (Tampa)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 4, 2009
Windermere
While I'm not entirely sure if "Non-Orlando Theme Parks" is where this belongs, I had no idea where else to put it. Recently my cousin (the bald one) and I made an improve trip to the Florida Aquarium to play with penguins ($30 but whatever, worth it if you like penguins). The Aquarium itself was actually a lot nicer than I remembered it being as a kid.

After our play date with penguins, we drove maybe ten miles to the Lowery Park Zoo. It was $25, typical zoo price I guess. Much like the Aquarium, the zoo has stepped it up a notch since I last visited. Plenty of animals and surprisingly good hotdogs and waffle fries. To feed a giraffe was 3 bucks so we figured what the hell. I slapped together a video. Check it out (the Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo, I mean) if you find yourself bored and in Tampa. Near by also was Mermaid Tavern. Great drinks.

[video=youtube;wq4_pSCDixg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq4_pSCDixg[/video]

I'll never forget the unexpected "kiss" I got from a giraffe at the Indianapolis Zoo when I was visiting Indy once. :lol:

I've been meaning to check these out, but when I'm in Tampa, a baseball game, the beach, or BGT are usually my priority. Sounds like I'll have to really set aside a day soon for these two.

I'll never forget the unexpected "kiss" I got from a giraffe at the Indianapolis Zoo when I was visiting Indy once. :lol:

I've been meaning to check these out, but when I'm in Tampa, a baseball game, the beach, or BGT are usually my priority. Sounds like I'll have to really set aside a day soon for these two.

I GOT A GIRAFFE KISS, TOO! Then the guide informed me of their habitual drinking of urine and offered me Purell. Lowery Park also had rhino feeding for $5 but it was closed by the time we got to the Africa section.