Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Second part of the equation and as important as forcing Disney to add $36 billion cash to their bid (i.e. debt), was that Disney was forced to settle with the DoJ and accept the full sale of the RSNs.

That's probably why Comcast was willing to walk away when they did. If Comcast knew for sure it could keep the RSNs, I do think they would have submitted a higher bid (probably in the $80-85 billion range).

But if you're forced to sell the RSNs and don't get a price above $22-24 billion, then you're vastly overpaying for the rest of the assets. We still have to wait and see what that last piece of the puzzle is to see the true price Disney is paying here.

But yeah, Disney lost quite a bit of flexibility by increasing the cash component significantly and accepting the forced sale of the RSNs.

(Reuters) - Twenty-First Century Fox Inc has triggered a 46 day deadline to raise its bid for Sky in a battle with Comcast for control of the British pay-TV group.

Under British takeover rules, Rupert Murdoch’s Fox now has until Sept. 22 to trump Comcast's 14.75 pound per share offer for Sky, which values the broadcaster 25.9 billion pounds ($33 billion), after it formalised its own 14 pounds per share bid . Fox posted its formal offer document, without improving its price, on Tuesday, setting in motion a timetable to end the uncertainty over Sky's future by triggering a 46-day period during which both Fox and Comcast can lift their offers.

If the situation is not resolved by then, Britain's Takeover Panel can run an auction to bring the complex and long-winded transatlantic takeover battle for Sky to an end.

In the document, Fox said it was switching from a scheme of arrangement to an offer. That means it can choose to lower its acceptance threshold from 75 percent of Sky's minority shareholders to a simple majority of all the broadcaster's shares, including its own 39 percent stake.

"Flipping to an offer affords Fox more flexibility should they wish to come back with a higher number," analysts at Olivetree Financial said. "A scheme is cumbersome as you would constantly need to co-ordinate your actions and intentions with the Sky board."

DkLFQYiU0AAg9lL.jpg

Disney Lays Out Its Plan to Fight Back Against Streaming Giants - WSJ

Does this mean they aren't coming to the MCU? Did Iger actually say this or is it an interpretation of what he said?

DkLFQYiU0AAg9lL.jpg

Disney Lays Out Its Plan to Fight Back Against Streaming Giants - WSJ

Does this mean they aren't coming to the MCU? Did Iger actually say this or is it an interpretation of what he said?

I'm assuming he means anything that's far along into production (i.e. New Mutants, Dark Phoenix) will continue being worked on. They'll eventually show up in the MCU, I just don't see them being really integrated until maybe Phase 6. Although, I'm sure they'll pull the trigger ASAP on getting Dr. Doom involved.

Reactions: Modok
Random, but just realized that with this deal, The Simpson's won't be the only IP represented at UOR that Disney is going to gain in this deal. Fox bought Sullivan Bluth Studios, which went bankrupt, but Bluth put out movies such as An American Tail and The Land Before Time back in the 80's.

Now most are expecting Feivel to leave USF sooner rather than later (although maybe not too soon, who knows), but as of now, An American Tail is still there. And it's also still a relic of the 80's that no one remembers.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Random, but just realized that Disney The Simpson's won't be the only IP represented at UOR that Disney is going to gain in this deal. Fox bought Sullivan Bluth Studios, which went bankrupt, but Bluth put out movies such as An American Tail and The Land Before Time back in the 80's.

Now most are expecting Feivel to leave USF sooner rather than later (although maybe not too soon, who knows), but as of now, An American Tail is still there. And it's also still a relic of the 80's that no one remembers.
The Fievel films were produced by Spielberg though, so weren’t they co-produced by Amblin (which obviously has a close relationship with Universal.) Either way, like you said, the land is probably gonna leave sooner rather than later anyway.

Reactions: Coolbfitz