The Future of E.T. Adventure | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe rehab is for the best.

tenor.gif

latest

ET%20beer%20copy.jpg

Apparently, I just saw it posted in the UO rehab thread. May 15th - June 3rd. I guess it's just an annual sprucing up unless someone has something to share.

Rumours are, possible overlay in the near future. Ride has to be down for assessment/building assessed...

When I say near future I mean years away, I can only assume it's Nintendo related and they are in the initial stages of finding out wether the building can be used "as is" or it needs totally demolished. I also understand a certain manufacturer will be in attendance for the inspection, no idea who.

Rumours are, possible overlay in the near future. Ride has to be down for assessment/building assessed...

When I say near future I mean years away, I can only assume it's Nintendo related and they are in the initial stages of finding out wether the building can be used "as is" or it needs totally demolished. I also understand a certain manufacturer will be in attendance for the inspection, no idea who.
You might want to read the Nintendo thread

This makes zero sense with how UC has been doing projects. Even an attraction like Fallon where the exterior walls remained about 90% of the building was demo'd.

The studios park is not appealing to me at all this trip.

Since my last trip Twister, Disaster and ET won't be there. None of them are/were show stoppers but they mixed the day up a bit.

Ok?

This makes zero sense with how UC has been doing projects. Even an attraction like Fallon where the exterior walls remained about 90% of the building was demo'd.

Ok?

Well the comment above was about complaints....and the fact the studios with another of its practical rides down, now offering just a few things without screens, will be a complaint for many...being the point.

Yeah I agree. There's no way they're going to take a headliner IP like that and literally design within a pre-existing box.

I think this is just a way to add some drama to what is really just a routine refurbishment. Perhaps they'll finally build a more permanent solution to routing guests through the gift shop rather than the two potted plants.

Last edited:
I honestly, for the side that I am on; believe that this won't house any major updates once the attraction opens up for guests in June.

And, with Volcano Bay and Fallon open; it should hopefully not cause a problem in operations, alongside Hulk and Kong riding through from Last Year.

If it's for that, I would rather want them to gut the interior, and bring a version of Space Fantasy, themed to Mario Galaxy to accomodate that space, and that it wouldn't even require them to tear the building down.