The Future of Holy Land

Ultranel

Jun 13, 2015
Celebration, FL
Do we really know that they are having financial trouble? I mean just because they're selling some stuff off doesn't necessarily mean that. Otherwise we would assume that Universal opening the prop shop means they're going out of business.
But Universal is not claiming financial problems like Holy Land.

s8film40

Veteran Member
Apr 18, 2013
But Universal is not claiming financial problems like Holy Land.
Well that was my point, I didn't see anywhere where it said they were claiming financial problems. The article stated they had some in 2014. It seems like they are just drawing conclusions. I think it's a good educated guess, but I didn't see anyone point to anything factual.

quinnmac000

Veteran Member
May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
Well that was my point, I didn't see anywhere where it said they were claiming financial problems. The article stated they had some in 2014. It seems like they are just drawing conclusions. I think it's a good educated guess, but I didn't see anyone point to anything factual.
The park owner Jan Crouch just died and she had a lot of debt.

Reactions: RevFreako

Tobias

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2014
I don't quite get all the hate for this park. From all the photos I've seen it looks like a very nicely themed historical/mythology based park especially considering it's not a big budget park.
From what I understand, when it opened it was nicely themed and decent. However over the years it turned into something that's still nicely themed here and there...but with a whole lot of additions that made it right at home with any tourist trap. This trip report from a couple years ago shows it pretty accurately.

Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures - Page 114 - Theme Park Review

Reactions: Joe

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Nope, still open, just on life support. Time for a telethon on their network to save it. I still remember Jim & Tammy Faye Baker begging for money for their park...