KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One rumor I had heard earlier this year was for a possible DreamWorks takeover of KidZone, starting piece by piece over the course of a couple years, including the addition of a new ride. Last year they were supposedly eyeing the Pets ride system and layout with a Trolls theme as the anchor for the land, but that certainly may have/will change.

I was not expecting to see a full closure of the entire area to see it redone all at once, but as Joe says, there's still room for a ride someday. You never know.
Hopefully this Trolls dark ride is still in the works because it definitely deserves an attraction in the parks.

Mario Kart was to replace the old parade building, hence the new one built. Boom easy expansion plot.
And then they get to find a new HHN house location! Lol.

I'm surprised that plot would have been big enough for MK.

As far as the Pets ride system for Trolls, I think that would be great. I'd love a "Green Planet/Tiny ETs" style scene with all the Trolls in a large room.

One rumor I had heard earlier this year was for a possible DreamWorks takeover of KidZone, starting piece by piece over the course of a couple years, including the addition of a new ride. Last year they were supposedly eyeing the Pets ride system and layout with a Trolls theme as the anchor for the land, but that certainly may have/will change.

I was not expecting to see a full closure of the entire area to see it redone all at once, but as Joe says, there's still room for a ride someday. You never know.
This is what I figured, with a new park on the way this is not going to be an everything at once conversion. Still wish the IP for a dark ride was Shrek or Panda instead of Trolls, but if it can get people into that corner of the park and be a hit with families so be it.

I do like the idea that it will be a mix of Dreamworks IP, instead of strictly being a Trolls land for example. Not every land has to be hyper immersive, especially not in Studios.

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Jeff Shell today at UBS conference hinting Dreamworks and illuminations will be driving their theme park ride and attraction plans...

DreamWorks is doing really well, and we have Puss In Boots coming in a couple of weeks, which will be our first new part of the Shrek franchise, which is a great thing. And if you look at our animation business overall, the DreamWorks films, the illumination films from Chris Meledandri, I actually think we have an animation business that now rivals if not surpasses Disney, which has huge ramifications for the rest of the company because those - that's the IP that drives the television and streaming business, but it's also the IP that drives the theme park business.

So if you look at the big attractions and theme parks, the fact that our animation business is cranking is going to have giant and consumer products, giant implications. So - if I seem excited about our and film business, I'm very excited about our content and film business.

Definitely sounds like they gonna double down on this being heavy on animated IPs

Jeff Shell today at UBS conference hinting Dreamworks and illuminations will be driving their theme park ride and attraction plans...

Definitely sounds like they gonna double down on this being heavy on animated IPs
It's a smart move tbh. The powerhouse of Dreamworks and Illumination are way under-utlized in the parks

Panda, Shrek, Minions, Trolls, etc could all get Potter level lands

Reactions: OrlLover

I wonder if a new DWT show is in the cards for USH then. KFP will be going on 5 years of age next year, and if there is a lull in the lineup in 2025 after F&F opens in 2024, they should absolutely do a new DWT show in 2025. Maybe HTTYD for synergy with the new land at EU...

It's a smart move tbh. The powerhouse of Dreamworks and Illumination are way under-utlized in the parks

Panda, Shrek, Minions, Trolls, etc could all get Potter level lands
I bet one of the expansion pads at EU is destined to get a Shrek land once that franchise gets relaunched. One of the rides should be a Midway Mania style ride where you team up with Shrek and co to stop "evil" versions of the Disney princesses ( a nod to Shrek's knack for giving the middle finger to Disney) or maybe that could be the E ticket of the land.

I bet one of the expansion pads at EU is destined to get a Shrek land once that franchise gets relaunched. One of the rides should be a Midway Mania style ride where you team up with Shrek and co to stop "evil" versions of the Disney princesses ( a nod to Shrek's knack for giving the middle finger to Disney) or maybe that could be the E ticket of the land.
I think a Shrek land would honestly be a hit. Shrek always deserved better than what it had

it’s not

I think a Shrek land would honestly be a hit. Shrek always deserved better than what it had
I probably would have agreed in the mid-2000s

Now I would choose some other properties for a main land

Shrek IS a great property, and Far Far Away would be great to a Potter level

Yet, I wonder if it would be a struggle to move past the "Disney parody" thing which I think Universal has moved beyond

That's why I feel a mini-swamp land would be a better option for Shrek at this point

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
If Puss in Boots: The Last Wish does amazing at the box office, Shrek is life and definitely should have a big presence.

I do know Shrek is really popular with a lot of cities holding Shrek Raves....but you gotta follow the money.

...Shrek is life...

I do know Shrek is really popular with a lot of cities holding Shrek Raves....but you gotta follow the money.

Ok first, Shrek is Love Shrek is Life is a 4chan erotic copypasta? Like we all know this, right? Ok.

Second, no one is buying vacations based on irony poisoning.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Ok first, Shrek is Love Shrek is Life is a 4chan erotic copypasta, right? Like we all know this, right?

Second, no one is buying vacations based on irony poisoning.
I agree that Shrek’s “meme status” has less than zero impact when deciding if anything for the property will be built or not, but aside from that the movies are immensely popular among families, and the new Puss in Boots looks to be getting great early reviews so I would suspect it will do well in the box office. A significant Shrek family offering would do wonders in attracting families with children to the park, far more than any recent new offering I can think of.

I agree that Shrek’s “meme status” has less than zero impact when deciding if anything for the property will be built or not, but aside from that the movies are immensely popular among families, and the new Puss in Boots looks to be getting great early reviews so I would suspect it will do well in the box office. A significant Shrek family offering would do wonders in attracting families with children to the park, far more than any recent new offering I can think of.

Which will be in KidZone not a new land in Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.