The Future of KidZone | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of KidZone

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Let's not try to derail this thread with baseless and silly speculation. Let's try to keep it with a purpose and not all over the place, please.

With that out of the way, let's discuss the KidZone rumors.

DufflesMcGee

Sep 10, 2013
Well, Problem is we have no rumors to go by atm. Unless HTF, teebs or the guys from parkscope share something we are stuck atm...

All we know for now is

1) Deconstruction starts after potter
2) We should expect it to open in 2016
3) Family oriented, not just kid oriented
4) E.T. and Animal Show will stay
6) Expect it to be potter level theming

Reactions: Jenstar

mainejeff

Sep 2, 2012
Hard to say what it will be. I'm hoping that ride system wise that the main attraction will be a trackless dark ride of some type. I know that I don't want to wear 3-D glasses......I would like awesome theming, animatronics and special effects. Hopefully, a Mystery Manor level ride is in the cards.

Cole

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
....yeah sorry Brian we got out of hand lol. The fact is there are just no plans to base rumors off of as Duffles said above, we have really no choice but to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Whatever we will see what we can work with.

WHAT I EXPECT AND WANT
-atleast 2 new dark rides
-something 3D
-one new playground
-a show
-something marketable
-new restaurant
-different areas with different IPs
- no overall theme
-awesomeness

WHAT WE CAN DO TO MAKE THIS THREAD NON CHAOTIC
-no MLP
-no nick
-no Nintendo
-NO DC LAND!!!!
-don't post ideas without any thought or reasons why I'd work
-don't go overboard

Don't want to sound like a dictator here but this is all for the better, post away :)

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Well, Problem is we have no rumors to go by atm. Unless HTF, teebs or the guys from parkscope share something we are stuck atm...

All we know for now is

Speculation wasn't the problem. It was when we started getting into "Hey, what about My Little Pony Land?" and the like that made it an issue.

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
As long as they keep this as a children's are, which the park needs, I'll be happy.

Personally what I'd LOVE would be an update to ET to some more modern AA's maybe along with better lighting, soundtrack, and stop the tire squeels while you're riding it.

Then just expand on the Universal or Nickelodeon theme that started with SB store. With the Hard Rock building out of the way, it gives them even more space to push back and do more now.

mahnamahna

Feb 3, 2013

All we know for now is

5) Expect it to be potter level theming

Wants/Needs for KidZone's replacement
1) 1 E-ticket dark ride (new attraction) and one D-ticket dark ride (E.T.)
2) ONE all-ages show (Animal Actors could fulfill this)
3) ONE immmersive, fun-filled playground (no need for two within 50 feet of each other)
4) ONE family water ride (a Splash Battle with POTC-level theming would be great)
5) ONE family coaster (SDMT/Big Thunder level of intensity) rather than an off-the-shelf roller-skater
6) ONE leisure track ride (Treasure Hunters at Universal Singapore, Casey Jr. at Disneyland)
7) ONE flat ride unique to Universal Orlando (Music Express, Junkyard Jamboree-style, chairswings, ferris wheel, frog hopper, etc)
8) A theme that can connect the current KidZone area with the mystery plot
9) Something that everyone can enjoy (not JUST kids or JUST teens or JUST adults)
10) A really great land that will finally silence those who believe USF doesn't have any family attractions

mahnamahna

Feb 3, 2013
The shire....perfect for little people...the barrel ride can still go in toon lagon
Well, the only issue with that is every other area of USF is urban.

Production Central
New York
San Francisco
London/Diagon Alley
World Expo
Springfield
Hollywood

The Shire would stick out terribly... and it'd mean losing E.T. :down: whatever we get should be suburban/foresty in order to keep with the park's loose connection. I'd prefer LOTR stay in IOA or the 3rd gate.

anihilnation

Veteran Member
Oct 13, 2013
Orlando
Ideal would be a suburban setting, as someone in the original thread mentioned (sorry I forgot your name) a cul-de-sac would be great. Also, since ET is staying, a suburban cul-de-sac facade would be great because ET is set in something like that. They can also have a forest theme behind it so that if they want to they can even something that firs in an urban/fantasy crossover genre, kind of the way it works in Smurfs.