1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

USF does need a water ride.

therock, Coolbfitz, OrlLover and 4 others like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think people are getting a little ahead of their self on this, especially considering how many times we’ve been burned on KZ rumors.

HPFred, OrlLover, Andysol and 2 others like this.
  3. DuelingDragonskid

DuelingDragonskid Rookie

That would be awesome, plus they already have TONS of water pipes there

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  4. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

I'd prefer a rapids ride for USF, themed to a mix of Pokemon Snap and Let's Go. It ends with you riding through the middle of a Pokemon battle, splashing down into the village below.

5. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Eh. It's coming from a reliable source. No harm in having fun and speculating

6. jseal777

jseal777 Rookie

Gotta catch em all

7. Riler

Riler Newcomer

IF Pokemon, do you think it would be a smart idea for a dark ride of some sorts where you are tracking Pokemon where there is an optional experience of purchasing a Pokedex of some sorts that you can then use on the ride. Or do you think they'd be risking backlash with that kind of idea? I think the only way you stop making people annoyed at having to buy a $50+ item for a ride is if there are other experiences within the land for it, like a walking trail where you can find pokemon or maybe another ride altogether.

8. JungleSkip

If it is Pokemon here's how I see it:

A jungle-like land themed to the Safari Zone from the games, with a village inside it with a Poke Center, a Poke Mart, and the Professor's Lab experience as the main buildings, maybe with a snack and drink location too. Around the village will be the safari zone, which would be a large play area/exploration zone. Think Camp Jurassic but with Pokemon. Here animatronics as well as screens will allow people to track and catch Pokemon, as well as having play areas and climbing nets. In the back will be the E-ticket safari ride, whether it be a big indoor dark ride or a flume ride.

In my head the story would be that the Safari Zone is a protected area where Pokemon from all over the world have been brought to live, so you could get away with using whatever Pokemon you want.

I missed this one earlier. I dunno if it is Pokemon, I'm just speculating even if I do think it makes the most sense, but I will be very, very surprised if it's anything DreamWorks related.

9. JungleSkip

Edit: Accidental double post

10. Suprachica79

Suprachica79 Rookie

I think I’m the only person here who could not care less about Pokémon...

11. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

That makes two of us. :lol:....but it would be a good business decision on Universal's part if they did a Pokemon land or mini land.

12. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

I don't really care about the IP personally, but I love new stuff.. especially when Universal is working with other companies so you know the quality will have to be top notch.

HPFred, therock, Doug A. and 3 others like this.
  13. JungleSkip

Yea. Just like I will never get enough Potter attractions, Nintendo attractions, from what I've seen, are going to be just as good or better. Give them all to me.

I mean does it help that I'm a HUGE Pokemon fan? Sure. But I think anything that comes out of the Nintendo/Universal partnership will be worth it for non fans as well.

14. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Make that three and I’ll expand that to Nintendo in general. I don’t really care for Harry Potter either but it has brought out the best in Universal creative and I think Nintendo will do the same so I’m more than ok with it.

Suprachica79, Mad Dog and Alicia like this.
  15. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

I will be excited for whatever comes here (unless Hello Kitty takes over the entire plot), too many years of "its finally going to close... oh wait Uni changed their minds".

Let's say SLOP goes into Animal Actors, ET stays (which without a doubt is going to) and Pokemon gets a large chunk of Kidzone, it would be best for Uni to create facades from SLOP to ET (like London) to divide and hide Pokemon, and you can expand the Central Park area to include SLOP and ET. Because I highly doubt that Universal would waste such a large IP like Pokemon and stick it under a general Universal's Kidzone named area.

16. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

They won't "hide" Pokémon. At least, not like they did Diagon. It will be walled off (so the rest of the park is hidden while you're inside of it), but I suspect the entrance will be garish and huge. That sort of stuff fits the tone of the IP.

And if they don't have a quick-service restaurant called "Pika-Chews," they're missing out.

17. Bulldog45

Bulldog45 Rookie

I'm all for a re-imagined KidZone, but I think everyone is getting a little carried away with this considering the only thing we are going off of is HateToFly's tweet about something finally happening in 90 days...

JoeCamel likes this.
  18. JungleSkip

I mean, @Alicia also tweeted about KidZone

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  19. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Yea, but I get it. I mean I knew KidsZone was closing for SNW before. They even had work walls up. You never know with these people! They change their mind on a dime. I mean, they just refurbed Woody to get another year out of it last month!

20. JungleSkip

Oh for sure. They could change their mind tomorrow to do Shrek, only to change it again next month to do FFL.

I think KidZone makes the most sense though. We still have the infrastructure permit for Project 130, so you'd think whatever that's there to support will get going soon.