1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I spoke with another quasi-insider and they also believe it's SLoP. If it's more than that I bet it's more Illumination. Like SING.

2. IOAVenturer

IOAVenturer Rookie

I couldn't care less about SLoP or SING. I'd rather much get Pokemon even tho I'm not so big on it.

3. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

If it's just SLoP/illumination, that's a major disappointment. Pokemon should go there.

4. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

If Pokemon isn’t involved in the project I think it will be of a smaller scale. Maybe just with SLoP replacing Barney, and retheming AA and Fievel to fit in with that, with the coaster and Curious George sticking around.

I don’t think anything else in the Illumination stable outside of Minions is even close to relevant enough for inclusion in a theme park

brianlo, HPFred, SeventyOne and 3 others like this.
  5. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

I think SLOP woukd be a great addition. Then as years go on they can add more attractions to Kidzone to keep the IP mashup theme. Things like Trolls, Sing would be great. I'd love a Sing animatronic show!

Mad Dog likes this.
  6. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

So... thinking about Disneyhead's comment about SING and SLoP going into KidZone, I relooked at my layouts, and I may have happened onto the absolute best solution. Because you actually fit SLoP AND SING into there without touching anything but Barney.

No. Really.

I used Shrek for scale on SLoP and I actually used the old Beetlejuice Theater for scale on SING, and they fit on Barney (up to the road), without touching any of Curious George, Feivel, the Parade building, or much of the break area. That actually leaves about 3.5 acres in KidZone for whatever.

But that's not all. Looking at the back pad, there's enough space for a Pokémon land, an ET scale ride, and play area accessible via a bridge that goes OVER the access road. That allows the majority of the actual backstage infrastructure to remain in place since the only thing you're taking out are the sprungs and a storage lot.

THIS is how you maximize space. This retains capacity and space because KidZone wouldn't actually close. We'd lose a single niche show for two attactions.

[​IMG]

7. Bulldog45

Bulldog45 Rookie

If they go with SLOP in KidZone and decide to also incorporate that into Animal Actors then I hope they do a better job than Disney did with Up and the bird show at Animal Kingdom. Pretty sure I read they already had to re-write the script...lol

HPFred, CyborgDinosaur and Andysol like this.
  8. JungleSkip

I think any connection AA and SLoP would get would be superficial. No meet and greet characters dancing around.

9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Don't underestimate SLOP. If they haven't scaled it back from it's circa 2017 version, it will be one of the best dark rides in Orlando (Disney or Universal).

SeventyOne and Coolbfitz like this.
  10. JungleSkip

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It'll be good. Not sure I'd go anywhere near saying it will be one of the best rides in Orlando. The scale just isn't there.

11. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

one of best basic 'dark rides'.

SeventyOne likes this.
  12. JungleSkip

Okay, that I'd agree with.

Mad Dog likes this.
  13. Suprachica79

Suprachica79 Rookie

I’m pretty excited for Nintendo as I am a kid of the 90s who grew up on that (although a Sega/Sonic area would be tops for me), but I agree with your statement about HP. I’m fairly ambivalent on HP but it’s my favorite part of the parks to be in because of how immersive they made it. I think my issue with Pokémon is that it generally annoys me, not just that I don’t teally care about it. Hopefully however they make it won’t be an irritant to me but I already skip that area now so no harm, no foul.

Ridgepole likes this.
  14. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Man, that's awesome. If only you were in charge. Reality will likely be Sing, Slop a store and shitty QS and no Pokemon.

That said- I think you are correct on back of house sharing with Fast food Blvd. So having a QS butt up to Animal Actors and FFB, with SLoP next to that and then Sing would be more likely. I also wouldn't be surprised to see curious George and woody completely closed down as a future expansion spot at opening. Leaves the door open for future Illumination attractions (or even a solid minion attraction? I can dream, right?)

15. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

I hate Pokémon, but a nice dark ride and play area featuring it at one of the parks makes sense. Should they go as far as some of the fans want, with a huge land with multiple rides? No way. If Kidzone is the plot they use, keep the Woody coaster and retheme it. Add an interactive dark ride and a play area and there you go. Plenty of Pokémon.

Personally, I’m far more interested to see what they’d do with SLoP and Sing...

16. jseal777

jseal777 Rookie

The thought of Sing being in the parks makes me nauseous

HPFred likes this.
  17. Disneyhead

The only way I could see SING showing up is in the form of rubberhead stage show.

HPFred and jseal777 like this.
  18. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

I want it to be a puppet show a la "Legend of the Lion King."

Cheezbat and Disneyhead like this.
  19. Disneyhead

Or Nemo.

Legacy likes this.
  20. JungleSkip

Yea I don’t see how that can be anything remotely good

Edit: Also, I doubt it will ever happen for one big, big reason. That being the liscensing fees to feature real pop songs in a theme park. Would not be cheap.