1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Ehhh doesn’t fit there at all.

2. ThrillRideLover3214

ThrillRideLover3214 BANNED

How about street fighter I’m just thinking of things it would be cool.

3. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Yeah don’t think Street Fighter really works for a theme park.

truejonas likes this.
  4. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

Just make Kidzone an US edition of Universal Cool Japan. not necessarily anime but whatever the hot IPs are theme it to that and rotate throughout the year. (Spring: Kid IPs, Summer:Blockbusters/anime, Fall: use for HHN, winter: family/video games)

Felipe likes this.
  5. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

Sounds more like a blind date who turned out fugly. :lol:

Mad Dog likes this.
  6. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Still waiting on South Park Land.

Cheezbat, TheCodeMan95 and Coolbfitz like this.
  7. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Should take over Springfield when contract is up IMO

TheCodeMan95 and fryoj like this.
  8. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

[​IMG]

9. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

Trey Parker and Matt Stone love to get into things that are "outside the norm." TV shows, video games, movies, Broadway shows... they'd absolutely LOVE to do a theme park land.

HPFred and truejonas like this.
  10. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

While I know the chances of there ever being a South Park land in Uni are almost zero, there are so many avenues for food, merch, and rides there. Between the main street in town, the City restaurants, Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, Cartman's Chili, and who wouldn't want to ride the line ride? They could just print money with that place.

And get sued by all the offended people out there. lol

11. Arjy

Arjy Newcomer

I have a feeling we'll be saying this for the next decade.

Incidentally ... ET must never be touched. It's one of the few physical attractions left.

JPRA513 and Mad Dog like this.
  12. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

At this point, I feel like a new Illumination property will get put in the back of Kidzone

truejonas and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  13. TommyJK

TommyJK Rookie

Turn the whole area into Casa Bonita! Black Bart's Cave! Cliff Divers! Puppet Shows!

[​IMG]

Disneyhead, Cheezbat, fryoj and 2 others like this.
  14. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

Agreed. Chances are zero... but maaaaan they'd make a lot of money.

truejonas, Coolbfitz and fryoj like this.
  15. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

Have you actually been to Casa Bonita?

TheCodeMan95 and Cheezbat like this.
  16. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

I have! Gosh what a great and crazy place! South Park got it so right!

Disneyhead and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  17. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

I know we're all anxious for Kidzone to go the way of the dodo but I for one am just happy they didn't continue with the closure plans when it was clear construction on the replacement was no longer imminent . They could have easily pulled a Terminator (or worse a Sinbad) and quietly removed it from the maps with nothing but vague mentions of "exciting adventures to come." Part of the reason that probably didn't happen is relatively low cost to operate Kidzone which obviously was not the case with Terminator and Sinbad.

I still think Pokemon is the most likely candidate to come here (eventually) for a variety of reasons. I know the overarching themes and messages of the parks themselves have become increasingly blurred in recent years (at both Universal and Disney) but they still have general "identities" that Universal is interested in keeping and quite frankly a Pallet Town would work well next to Springfield. It sticks with the current theme of having cities and towns (both fictional and real) act as the core "lands" of the park. The fairly nondescript style of the architecture present in both the animated series and the games match USFs general aesthetic. And finally, the tone of the series and the (most-likely) tame ride experiences the land would contain ticks the boxes of having something for the entire family to enjoy in this space.

Zelda, with an architectural style that brings about a strong sense of adventure and mystery, is just too perfect of a match for Islands of Adventure to be used here. DreamWorks IP will have a new exclusive home at Fantastic Worlds and the inevitable closure of Shrek at USF will keep it that way which eliminates those properties as reasonable possibilities. Illumination, being Universal's original homegrown animation studio, will remain solely at USF. with Pets replacing Shrek (eventually) and perhaps a redesign of Production Central into Illumination Nation. I know some people have speculated Pets could go into KidZone but given the compact footprint of the ride going into USH's upper lot and Minion Mayhem sitting right across the street, it is so clearly a better candidate for Shrek's space.

TLDR: Pokemon replacing KidZone is still the best option available and was probably pushed to 2024 / 2025 to bring some attention to the main resort after Fantastic Worlds opens.

HPFred, Felipe and Andysol like this.
  18. RFRees

RFRees Member

At least a part of it as well is that Sinbad was terrible, and KidZone is at worst benign.

Coolbfitz and Andysol like this.
  19. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

I think the Fox sale to Disney probably affects their long term plans. Knowing they are likely to lose the Simpsons in the next decade would suggest everything between London and Hollywood is open for discussion on removal. MIB will be almost 30 by the time the Simsons contract expires, so it has to be on the table for a removal as well. Not that any IP would take all of that land, but having the ability to remove FFB means they can drastically change the flow of guests through that area of the park. If they had Simpsons indefinitely, they probably don't even consider it. But if they are losing them around the time any kind of Kid Zone replacement would be opening anyway, might as well plan around that loss and redo the whole area.

HPFred and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  20. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

You know what would fit in with Hollywood, New York, San Francisco, and London?

Tokyo!

Andysol, HPFred, Felipe and 4 others like this.