1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

After watching Godzilla 2 we need this. The ending sequence was made for an attraction.

HPFred, therock and Disneyhead like this.
  2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

And you know what'd fit in well with Tokyo?

Giant lizards and pocket sized creatutes!

Andysol, HPFred, shiekra38 and 2 others like this.
  3. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

And Sushi and Saki!

shiekra38, Joel, tielo and 2 others like this.
  4. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Ginza strip confirmed!

jseal777 and Disneyhead like this.
  5. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

If they were to do Japan, they would like do Osaka over Tokyo. mainly because they already have renderings of Osaka for all the USJ attractions.

JoeCamel likes this.
  6. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Bubble burster :toast:

7. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Just do a Rhyme City for Pokemon and Tokyo for Godzilla. Sadly we’re gonna get neither and Kid Zone stays.

HPFred likes this.
  8. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Never underestimate Purple Power. Barney will be there forever, and ever and ever, and a day.......:lol:;)

truejonas and Disneyhead like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Everyone knows Tokyo. Not everyone knows Osaka. They would do Tokyo.

Andysol, chriss.moyer, Felipe and 4 others like this.
  10. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I frankly would have no idea which I would be looking at. I'd either call it "Japan" or "that one place", or whatever was on the map.

HPFred and Mad Dog like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Tokyo is very similar to parts of Manhattan. It also has some great historical places though.

HPFred likes this.
  12. jseal777

jseal777 Member

Osaka has a lot of character (as somebody who has never been and only watched travel channel things and stuff on the internet about Japan)

13. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

After seeing Detective Pikachu, that would be perfect for Kidzone

TheCodeMan95, tankart150 and Joel like this.
  14. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

Kidzone was recently re-added to travel marketing after being removed for sometime.

upload_2019-6-7_9-25-59.png

upload_2019-6-7_9-25-26.png

Attached Files:

truejonas, HPFred, Joel and 4 others like this.
  15. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

HPFred, Joel, Felipe and 4 others like this.
  16. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Kidzone....more lives than a cat.

17. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Why. wont. you. die.

18. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

Alexa play Love Will Lead You Back

19. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Alright, I found these Ponderosa Steak Houses in your area

truejonas, Quint, Joel and 1 other person like this.
  20. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

Honestly, I'd love to see Tokyo at USF and Godzilla would be a LOT of fun, but I feel that they need to keep this area kid friendly. Maybe *IF* they ever get rid of MIB or Simpsons or both we could get Tokyo and Godzilla there.

As for KidZone, the more and more I think about it, the more I'm all in on Pokemon taking over. I know they got a lot of Nintendo coming to all these Uni parks and even anchoring Fantastic Worlds here in town, but Nintendo is that IP umbrella that could fill entire parks and you wouldn't get the feeling that it's too much of something because they've got so much variety and "quality quantity" to go around. Not to mention the huge market for it.

IMO, the sooner they can bring Pokemon to KidZone, the better. I'm dreaming of a lengthy, no-restrictions omnimover with lush environments, animatronics, and special effects... culminating with a final scene blasting the Pokemon theme, lol! Random side note: I've been to a few conventions over the years and they always play the Pokemon theme during the parties and everyone always sings along and gets really into it. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but I did watch the show when I was younger both in Argentina and here in the US, and to this day I still remember the majority of the lyrics to the song, haha. It's catchy AF! But aside from the song, Pokemon in general continues to prove its wide appeal time and time again. And it's a merch behemoth. Anyways, Universal also really needs more chill, no-restrictions rides to round out their offerings, and this IP could really work for that type of ride, which is my main point. (I've also just wanted Universal to bring a chill omnimover ride to UOR for the longest time... I'm sure I've mentioned it here at least a few times in the almost 10 years that I've been on the forums. Some days you just want to do that type of ride without having to go down to the mouse kingdom).

Now please bear with me while I get stupid petty on a tangent, but I've had this thought in the back of my mind and I just gotta let it out... I love the fact that we're getting all these new offerings at UOR and most have been home-runs, but I've been having just a tiny bit of construction wall exhaustion, if you know what I mean? Yes, it's super petty... and yes it's a temporary inconvenience that enables us to have amazing new attractions and experiences... but I'm looking forward to the day when the park is free of year-round walls and it feels complete and show-ready all around. Idk, maybe the Jurassic Park wall-a-geddon got me shooketh, but damn, that's a lot of walls now :stun:

Ok, I let that out, but I also brought it up here specifically because KidZone does have the blessing of being this nook, so even if it was entirely walled off, the visual impact would be minimal in comparison to some of these other projects getting entire lands lined with walls. As a matter of fact, they could even just wall off the Curious George area in the back for a phase 1 of construction (keeping Animal Actors, ET, Woodpecker, Fievel, and Barney open as long as possible, sort of like they kept Dueling Dragons open as long as possible during Hogsmeade construction), then they could demo Curious George and the old parade building and that alone would be enough space for an E-ticket with an epic gift shop. You can basically fit an ET and a half in that area. Then once that's far enough along, they can close the rest of KidZone to finish "Pokemon City" with some new flat rides, F&B, M&G, and merch spots. But honestly, they could just give Animal Actors, Barney, Woodpecker, and Fievel a Pokemon overlay and I would't be mad about it. We'd have a whole new E-ticket back there and these bonus attractions would feel refreshed and revitalized with the new theme.

Alright, that's enough blue sky musings and ramblings for today, lol.

PS:

This is an interesting idea. There's not a lot of kid-friendly or low-restriction attractions at UOR, so having rotating kid-friendly experiences/attractions gives families with young kids (as well as guests with restrictions) more reasons to come back and have something new to do. Seasonal events definitely bring out the masses (HHN, Mardi Gras, Holidays, HP Celebration RIP), so maybe this concept could be a hit.

PPS: No matter what lies ahead for KidZone, there's gotta be some hesitation right now while they wait to see how Fantastic Worlds does, how attendance shifts/redistributes, etc... If then USF needs a boost, a revamp of KidZone could be one of the many ways to get that boost. Hopefully they don't wait that long, though, and KidZone can get some love soon. After Hagrid and JP at IoA, it would make sense and follow refurb trends to shift work to USF, so hopefully KidZone is next. If Shrek/SLoP is still a thing, it can wait, lol.

PPPS: Sorry for the humongous post. It's been a while and this was cathartic as hell, haha.