1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I wish I had the time to break this down, there are many things I love about your ideas

A Pokemon Snap type attraction would be great for re-ridability and an interactive experience where you choose your Pokemon with Professor Oak would be amazing

I do wonder if Universal is purposely waiting until more of the new film universe is fleshed out

Felipe likes this.
  2. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

What if everything from ET to London is flattened and Tokyo takes over with Godzilla, Pokemon, and Hello Kitty?

3. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Yes please. I would prefer to keep MIB though unless the Pokémon snap ride took over the interactive ride fix.

Godzilla would be a massively plused Spider-Man to work. Driving through down town Tokyo with Godzilla fighting overhead and passing his giant AA feet and culminating to a similar Kong finish Witch Godzilla breathing atomic breath into the air.

Felipe likes this.
  4. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I hope they reconfigure Kidzone first and then replace things

5. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

The construction wall horrors! LOL! But it would probably be amazing as a finished land. I do think a lot of people would be upset with MiB leaving, tho.

HPFred likes this.
  6. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    As the original Nintendo plans showed, there's plenty of room in KidZone to add multiple significant attractions without having to lose E.T. or anything else of real substance. Along with replacing Shrek with a dark ride, a multi-ride replacement of KidZone should be Universal's next major priority at USF (whenever they see fit to return their attention to that park, which will hopefully be sooner than halfway into the next decade).

HPFred, Felipe and therock like this.
  7. comrade_bob

comrade_bob Newcomer

Please why the dislike for MiB?
    Its a fav in my multi-generational family.
    Ride it multiple times every time we go, and yes there is always a high score competition.
    You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may!

8. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

You might've misread. No dislike at all for MiB. Quite the opposite: I said people would be upset if MiB leaves.

I've been on MiB more times than I can remember and while it's not my favorite attraction, I really enjoy it! (Also the sweet, sweet A/C within the ride building. The express/single rider MiB queue might have the best and coldest A/C in all of UOR lol).

belloq87, Disneyhead and Mad Dog like this.
  9. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I'd have NO complaints.

Sanrio and Pokemon alone, would sell the land insanely easily to wide demographics; and Godzilla along with recreations of Tokyo based landmarks and locations (like Shibuya, for instance) would be amazing opportunities for the skyline.

Edit: Removed my prior post, as that was my nerdy self chiming in like a freaking lion..but I do want to make a point.

Osaka, would likely be a great help for Universal. Especially when it comes towards the relationships Osaka has built in the business, thanks in part towards them bringing Toei Entertainment (Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon), TMS Entertainment (Lupin and Case Closed/Detective Conan), and Toho (as mentioned, Godzilla but also Evangelion to some extent). If Orlando UC wants to tackle Tokyo and Japan as an themed environment, they'd be able to work potentially alongside their Japanese brother, ensuring things can be translated well for the sake of not being polarizing.

They could also be great in influencing certain IP's, like as mentioned Godzilla due to Universal Cool continuing to be a success for the Osaka based park.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

That would be awesome. One of the only internationally recognizable cities left after that would be Paris, but the only thing that could be done theme park wise with Paris would be Fantastic Beasts and as far as is rumored, that's going to Fantastic Worlds.

11. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Too much room for one city. Godzilla is worth one ride. Hello Kitty is worth a store. Pokemon is worth a land, but not that big of a land. They could do all you suggested and get at least another area or two with it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Nick likes this.
  12. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Pokémon deserves a Hogsmeade size land.

13. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

Sanrio deserves a Hogsmeade sized land.

Andysol and AlexanderMBush like this.
  14. soilsigh

soilsigh Rookie

Although I am a huge fan of the 30 some films of Godzilla (Gojira) and a fan of Ghidorah and Mothra, I don't think I want a Universal ride based on the material. I would want the level of set design and animatronics used in Kongfrontation with the application of today's technology, of course. Universal would most likely make a ride with dome screens and it just would not reach my expectations. A pokemon land sounds great and a play area of hello kitty would be nice for the little ones. Tokyo, yes please!! City sets really do need to be applied to that side of the park.

MIB needs to stick around even if the IP is fading I would rather Fear Factor Live replacement and MIB be joined into a London facade and have Tokyo begin with the replacement of Simpsons.

HPFred, Cheezbat and belloq87 like this.
  15. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Sanrio has a lot of characters that can fit a decent family sized land. It shouldn't have to be just Hello Kitty.

16. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Not in this country. Maybe at USJ. This is like Laika and people's other pet IP's. Universal has plenty of IP's that are more deserving and will have a higher ROI.

JM-BENT, TheCodeMan95, HPFred and 2 others like this.
  17. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    This is the way I feel about it, as well. I like the Godzilla films, but I just don't think there's a way to practically deliver an attraction I would find compelling.

soilsigh likes this.
  18. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

We walk through the Orlando Hello Kitty store a couple of times on our visits, though it's more to look at the Betty Boop merch. I have yet to see more than a couple of customers in the store on any visit.

jrn14 and fryoj like this.
  19. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

If they did it something akin to the first Kong, I think it could work - but it would have to be built in a monster-sized *rimshot* building.

20. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

This has always been my ideal layout for Universal. Obviously, the current roster doesn't allow for this.

USF is real places and the stories within; New York, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, London & Tokyo.

IOA is fantasy places but (based on reality) and the stories within; MSHI, Skull Island, Jurassic Park, Hogsmeade & Lost Continent.

Fantastic Worlds is complete fantasy.