The Future of KidZone

shiekra38

Veteran Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
This has always been my ideal layout for Universal. Obviously, the current roster doesn't allow for this.

USF is real places and the stories within; New York, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, London & Tokyo.

IOA is fantasy places but (based on reality) and the stories within; MSHI, Skull Island, Jurassic Park, Hogsmeade & Lost Continent.

Fantastic Worlds is complete fantasy.
Agreed, I feel like their current model is:

USF: Cities (mingling of different properties connected to a midway)
IOA: Islands (immersive islands able to be explored, tied to a single property, branching paths)
FW: Worlds (fully immersive and explorable worlds, devoted to overarching property as well as smaller properties within the overarching property)

Andysol

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2016
What if everything from ET to London is flattened and Tokyo takes over with Godzilla, Pokemon, and Hello Kitty?
100% on board. The only thing that would make it better is if we could replace American theme park guests with Japanese theme park guests.

PPPPS: My body is also ready for all the Pokemon F&B

Ate at Pokémon cafe about a week ago during some time here in Tokyo and it was fantastically themed. There’s no reason that it couldn’t be replicated here in the states. It would go gangbusters.

Reactions: Sithina and Felipe

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
100% on board. The only thing that would make it better is if we could replace American theme park guests with Japanese theme park guests.

Ate at Pokémon cafe about a week ago during some time here in Tokyo and it was fantastically themed. There’s no reason that it couldn’t be replicated here in the states. It would go gangbusters.

There are so many aspects of Japanese culture that we could adopt here and it would make the park-going experience so much more enjoyable! From the overall craftsmanship to the organization and demeanor of ops and guests... I can't wait to make it out there, actually very soon :look: I'd love to pick your brain for advice, if I may... Hopefully you'll do a trip report here, too!

Back to Pokemon, if Nintendo is as involved and strict/passionate about these projects as WB and JKR have been with the WWoHP, I think we could definitely see some of these aspects come to town. Maybe not ops, but the merch and F&B could really be on a whole 'nother level. I'm pretty excited.

It’s 2019, we can have small walk around Pokémon we can buy right?
If Universal wants to "respond" to the SWGE's droids, this would definitely be a cool way to do so... I haven't seen Detective Pikachu yet, but were those "live-action" looking Pokemon well received, look/design-wise, to replicate them as plush robotic creatures? Like Pokemon Furbys of sorts, but better lol.

shiekra38

Veteran Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
There are so many aspects of Japanese culture that we could adopt here and it would make the park-going experience so much more enjoyable! From the overall craftsmanship to the organization and demeanor of ops and guests... I can't wait to make it out there, actually very soon :look: I'd love to pick your brain for advice, if I may... Hopefully you'll do a trip report here, too!

Back to Pokemon, if Nintendo is as involved and strict/passionate about these projects as WB and JKR have been with the WWoHP, I think we could definitely see some of these aspects come to town. Maybe not ops, but the merch and F&B could really be on a whole 'nother level. I'm pretty excited.

If Universal wants to "respond" to the SWGE's droids, this would definitely be a cool way to do so... I haven't seen Detective Pikachu yet, but were those "live-action" looking Pokemon well received, look/design-wise, to replicate them as plush robotic creatures? Like Pokemon Furbys of sorts, but better lol.
They were translated pretty well into the real world...Way more so than I was expecting

Reactions: Felipe

TheCodeMan95

Rookie
Jul 24, 2018
This has always been my ideal layout for Universal. Obviously, the current roster doesn't allow for this.

USF is real places and the stories within; New York, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, London & Tokyo.

IOA is fantasy places but (based on reality) and the stories within; MSHI, Skull Island, Jurassic Park, Hogsmeade & Lost Continent.

Fantastic Worlds is complete fantasy.
Except for.. ya know.. Springfield. :grin:

May 16, 2018
I’m all in on that.
Yo, hear me out...'member the Nicktoons Studios from Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast? 'Member how dope that was in its design and concept?

...why don't they just do that? I could see it as a more mature (as mature as a kid-focused area can be, of course) take on a kiddie land specifically for Studios.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Coolbfitz

Newcomer
Jul 24, 2017
Yo, hear me out...'member the Nicktoons Studios from Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast? 'Member how dope that was in its design and concept?

...why don't they just do that? I could see it as a more mature (as mature as a kid-focused area can be, of course) take on a kiddie land specifically for Studios.
Nicktoon Blast but it's a high tech motion-base dark ride that mixes physical sets and screens to create an immersive experience.
(In all seriousness, if it ever were to come back, they should change the story, change the villain to Calamitous, and change the ride vehicle to the Hover Car).