1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. Aardvark787

Aardvark787 Newcomer

It likely became part of a package as the whole park is themed to Nick IP's so was a better deal. A SpongeBob area would be nice in Kidzone but I would be more shocked with them doing it now as they own many popular kids IP's in both Illumination and Dreamworks.
    Is it possible they could make two areas as when the land was designated for Nintendo they were using a lot of back of house space? Is it possible they could put a land where the current Kid Zone is and one where the back of the house is? Although I think DM is unlikely as it already had a ride and it would not make sense to just relocate it, another illumination (maybe Troll's) or Dreamworks IP would be great.

2. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

I've been screaming this but I'll repeat it because we're talking about it now lol.

SpongeBob is the biggest missed opportunity in theme park history.

Imagine a land opening during its prime? I mean I have no doubt that a Bikini Bottom land would be VERY popular now, but imagine if it opened in the early 2000s?

WebHead1138, Frogki and Coolbfitz like this.
  3. Jushin Thunder Liger

Jushin Thunder Liger Rookie

I think the big reason why SpongeBob hasn't had a land of its own is because of Steve Hillenburg. From what I've read, Steve was hesitant to let SpongeBob to get too big; maybe he had a vice against big, elaborate theme park fantasies, and so turned down big theme park offers, but signed off on things like the Jimmy Neutron ride and the store in KidZone (we're assuming he gave his okay in the first place!)

GadgetGuru and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  4. Jushin Thunder Liger

Jushin Thunder Liger Rookie

5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

The King of Kidzone...He's never giving up the crown...without a fight. Even Mario & Pokemon and Papa Smurf were no match for his awesome power. He just flicked them away with his siren song. ;):lol:

truejonas likes this.
  6. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Universal doesn’t need Spongebob. They have a bunch dreamworks and illumination properties to play with.

tielo, OrlLover and RFRees like this.
  7. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

Yet Fievel and Barney reign supreme

8. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Member

With potential backstage areas being used, id love a big Dreamworks land with a highly themed Trolls show, Madgascar Story coaster (Universal's wording, not mine), and a full Kung Fu Panda land with the Dreamworks theatre, E Ticket water ride, and meet and great attached to a restaurant. I know that bundles them all up in 1 area, but I think its the best way to capitalize on the Dreamworks IP.

fallingends and belloq87 like this.
  9. RFRees

RFRees Member

I'm sure you know this already but, the trouble with KZ is not whether they have an IP to go in this area to replace Fievel, Barney, and Curious George.

truejonas likes this.
  10. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    Swap something out for my Shrek dark/boat ride, and I'd be happy with an area like this.

therock, Cup_Of_Coffee and Mad Dog like this.
  11. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

I think they'll pull the trigger on an upgrade of Kid Zone at some point in the near future. If they re-theme/re-brand as Trolls or some other IP they own it could easily pay for itself in increased revenues from merchandise/food/beverage tie ins.

USO is really lacking in kid stuff at this point, and an update to Kid Zone would be fairly easy and marketable to keep people coming while EU is under construction.

truejonas likes this.
  12. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Member

Ya, not to get in too much of a rant here but USF needs some help right now I feel. Almost everything is a screen ride, and not for kids. They gotta diversify their attractions big time.

therock, RFRees and belloq87 like this.
  13. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Not for younger kids sure but the screen rides they have are pretty family friendly but do tend to be a tad intense.

Cup_Of_Coffee likes this.
  14. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

"Wow, that is the first time that I read that on this forum." #not
    I think Universal should keep the focus on families and young adults, let Disney and Lego keep the toddlers->pre-tweens. I don't need a stroller-horde in Universal. ;)

15. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Member

Oh, I don't either. But you need A kids area. The one they have now is so outdated and I'm 23.

truejonas, SeventyOne and jrn14 like this.
  16. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone? It’s a Sith Legend. Kidzone is a place so powerful that it can prevent itself from certain destruction.

truejonas and Alicia like this.
  17. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

They have stuff for children......it just sucks..... not so much more stuff for children just better more relevant more diverse stuff

therock and Mad Dog like this.
  18. faceleg

faceleg Rookie

Hey kids, play with these balls made of soft material that may have never been cleaned

truejonas, TheCodeMan95 and RFRees like this.
  19. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Helps build a strong immune system for their future.

truejonas and faceleg like this.
  20. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

Sorry that came out a bit harsh.. I was just rallying against the idea that investing in some updated family/child friendly entertainment and attractions would turn Universal into Sesame Place. I don't know if the original post was being sarcastic (the wink!?). I mean I love ET (Don't touch it), I think Animal Actors is great.... Kidzone is NOT without charm, it's well designed and functional, but it's just EMBARRASSINGLY OUTDATED. Minions and Shrek are both just theater shows... I'm not saying replace Mummy with a Baby Boss spinning cookie ride., but KidZone is overripe to be replaced... and as everyone has pointed out there are plenty of options... and spend some money to update not just the IPs but the quality of the offerings.