1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The Future of KidZone

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., May 27, 2014.

1. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

I just wanna pop in and here and say that Uni is VERY capable of having awesome kids areas. Have ya'll been in Camp Jurassic or If I Ran the Zoo?

JM-BENT, tielo, jrn14 and 6 others like this.
  2. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newcomer

I think the lack of investment is because Uni has a lot less to gain from kid focused attractions than Disney.

I don't think I've seen cat in the hat have more than a 10min wait in a long time, and that's basically the style of dark ride some are asking for here.

3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yes. We do CITH generally 2 or 3 times every vacation. Only once have I seen it that it wasn't a walk on.

4. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

I definitely agree with the sentiment that Uni should leverage their properties here.

Aardvark787 likes this.
  5. Aardvark787

Aardvark787 Newcomer

The thing with CITH is that it is not as inclusive as one may assume.
    To begin with, it does have a height requirement of 36 inches excluding the very young ones and some people over the height requirement don't like it due to it's spinning and it giving motion sickness. Although on a Universal scale it is family-friendly, it is nothing like the Disney dark rides in terms of the family-friendly.
    Also, worldwide, Suess is nothing like it is in the US and I can say this as I come from the UK. Kids over here have only ever heard of the Suess stories that are illuminations films, and weirdly enough, they are the ones with the least presence in the parks.
    What is needed is a true family ride with no height requirement and is slow-moving on an internationally massive property. A lot of families miss Universal because there is not much to do for children and if you are from the UK at least, there is not much that your child would be interested in. But if Uni made a few more good, all-round family attractions on international smash IP's then not so many family's would skip. It would actually help Suss as well as more people would just do it while they were there.

Although I really do want something kid-friendly and fresh to come to Kidzone I would hope that in the future when Uni is building land they have rides for all demographics. Having a kids land, then a land aimed at teens, then adults, and so on, it makes it very hard to have a family day out because everyone whats to be somewhere else. They need to build areas with something for everyone near each other. I am not trying to say they haven't done this already (FJ and FOH) (JPRA and PF) but we just need it more.

JM-BENT, therock and RFRees like this.
  6. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

It's actually funny, there are times when it creeps up. There has never been a time where we didn't just walk right onto CITH. However, during our trip last fall, on a Saturday evening, it hit 25 minutes. We were completely mindblown.

7. RFRees

RFRees Member

I agree. Though it may be difficult to do this with every land... How would you fix Diagon for example? Or is Ollivanders good enough here?

8. Surfster

Surfster Member

I think interactive wands are brilliant in a land like Diagon. One parent can be roaming the land with a little one doing magic (that they had to pay extra for) while the other is in line.

9. Aardvark787

Aardvark787 Newcomer

I would have to agree, the interactive wands are great for children (although they are extra) and there are the shows to enjoy as well. Diagon is not too bad as there is only one ride and there is do much to look at that the time it takes going on Gringotts can easily be taken up wandering around and discovering the land. I would hope that if Uni were to add another attraction to Diagon that it would be more family-friendly.