The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty remarkable that Sinbad closed in 2018, half a decade ago, and a replacement realistically won't happen until a full decade later in 2028 at the earliest.

Not that Universal isn't investing elsewhere, just not a fan of empty areas.

Zelda boat ride won't get you wet like the others, it's just the means of propulsion/theming. I'd imagine a Zelda ride to be more akin to Pirates of the Caribbean than JPRA. IOA desperately needs an indoor experience available to all (or most) ages.

Definitely, I don't like that LC is essentially sitting abandoned, but it's understandable. If it weren't for Epic, we'd probably have HTTYD land taking over LC by now lol

Only thing I'm worried about Epic Universe is if Universal's marketing team botches up everything with convoluted messaging on what Epic Universe is. They tried too hard with the Escape stuff, hoping Universal's messaging continue to be clear like they've done so far.
To be fair I think Universal has learned a lot of lessons since the 90s. I don’t think they have the same philosophy considering a good amount of the executives from during that time probably don’t work for them anymore.

Hoping its just a simple ride system with real high capacity. It's getting old with some of these overly high tech Disney & Universal attractions having so much down time and low capacity. Basic systems can be entertaining and fun too. Not everything needs to be an innovative technical marvel.

The land should be fairly easy though, just interactive experiences based on the puzzles from the game. I'm not sure why the ride is giving them trouble though, all the leaked designs seemed pretty good.
I'm sure someone from Creative reading this would like to do a Will Smith on you.
I’m not an expert in contract law; can Nintendo ask for the land to loosely connect with the movie (theme/aesthetics) without getting Sony’s approval?

Example: In the Sony movie they will go to X location: Nintendo then asks Universal to come up with their version of the location, bypassing Sony’s approval.

Or, maybe even more likely, the opposite. The Sony movie is about Hyrule. Universal originally wanted the land to be Hyrule. To sidestep movie rights & brand confusion, Nintendo asks that the land represent a location that isn’t Hyrule. Universal goes back to the drawing board.
Nintendo is very protective with their ip. I'm sure Nintendo can (and will) have say in every aspact so using the movies estatic wouldn't be a surprice to me.

Reactions: Nico