The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If true they should design the ride and land in tandem with the film. Would say the same if they did a Nintendo land post Super Mario Bros IMO

If true they should design the ride and land in tandem with the film. Would say the same if they did a Nintendo land post Super Mario Bros IMO
It would make a lot more sense for it to be based directly on the games like the Mario area is. It will end up being more timeless in the long run. The classic designs of the characters and locations tend to resonate a lot more over time.

It would make a lot more sense for it to be based directly on the games like the Mario area is. It will end up being more timeless in the long run. The classic designs of the characters and locations tend to resonate a lot more over time.
Splitting hairs I guess, was just really disappointed SNW and Mario Kart in Hollywood and thought the movie would have lended itself better for a ride.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I’m not sold on an animated Zelda….
It really depends. I think they might want to keep it animated to have some correlation with the games, but I think it would be better as an epic, live-action LOTR style film. I also think that Nintendo might be hesitant about allowing live-action films to be made after the live-action Mario.

I think dreamworks would be the best. Something similar in tone to Puss in Boots 2 would be perfect. Zelda has meaningful stories with a few jokes thrown in on the side, which I feel dreamworks could do better rather than a slapstick pie in the face illumination movie
I mean even Dreamworks would be meh. It would be better than Illumination, but not by a whole lot.

Someone like Laika could make a great Zelda movie.

Would the Zelda land be based on the movie or the games? I wonder if the Mario Movie would have had any effect on Super Nintendo World had they started working on it earlier.
I actually wish that the land was based on the movie in Mario’s case. I think that a ride would’ve been better with the more articulate Mario than the ‘wahoo’ ‘yippee’ Mario from the games.

I also hope that the Zelda e-ticket is more story-driven than the Mario e-ticket. MarioKart really just feels like a gigantic mini-game. Even though Bowser ‘rigged’ the race, nothing really ‘goes wrong’ or happens story-wise.

I think Zelda has the source material to go down in history as Uni’s greatest attraction, but they need to give it proper tension and a good vs evil storyline. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf/Ganon all need to have substantial roles in the ride and not just blink and you’ll miss it cameos in bigger action scenes like the major Mario characters do in their ride.

Also on a total side note (please excuse the rambling), if they don’t go with the original concept of the flying boat, I could see one of the proposed EMV boat rides from one of the recent IAAPAs being a good ride system for this. It can move in and out of water while still offering the simulator motion of something like Spidey or Indy.

(Just give me a giant OoT Ganon animatronic that chases you like the Beijing I-Rex and I’ll be a happy camper)

Would the Zelda land be based on the movie or the games? I wonder if the Mario Movie would have had any effect on Super Nintendo World had they started working on it earlier.

I'd have to think Breath of The Wild and Tears.

SNW has been adhering towards the big Mario title of that era in the design philosiphy, and it'd be the easiest for them to pull because it is already accessible and if they need more: then they can get test builds and conceptuals from Nintendo directly. It would also allow them the identifiable designs seen in both games for Link, Zelda, and the Successors of Hyrule (alongside Ganondorf).

I also kind of want Tears Ganon as a full on Imhotep like AA. Is that too much to ask?

I also hope that the Zelda e-ticket is more story-driven than the Mario e-ticket. MarioKart really just feels like a gigantic mini-game. Even though Bowser ‘rigged’ the race, nothing really ‘goes wrong’ or happens story-wise.
To be fair, the Mario series has pretty much never been known for its story. Super Nintendo World was built primarily on the concept of being the most interactive theme park land to date, and it makes sense the main attraction would embrace it. Game-like elements make sense in a video game themed land. Just like Pandora in DAK, for what it lacks in story, it makes up for in immersion.

The active plans are Zelda.
I heard rumors the recently closed Poseidon's Fury might be converted into a Zelda water ride. If that's the case, I'm hoping it would be similar to that of Jurassic World: The Ride and not that awful Kung Fu Panda ride at USB.

How does Zelda 2027 sound for you
Sure, but here's my REALLY hoping it might be a year after Epic Universe opens.

Obviously, it would be based on the games since Zelda itself is a video game property of Nintendo.

Reactions: tankart150
It really depends. I think they might want to keep it animated to have some correlation with the games, but I think it would be better as an epic, live-action LOTR style film. I also think that Nintendo might be hesitant about allowing live-action films to be made after the live-action Mario.

With as many iterations they have in the games, a live action movie that goes well could be the start of an epic movie series.

Reactions: biggerboat16
With as many iterations they have in the games, a live action movie that goes well could be the start of an epic movie series.
They could even do a movie (or trilogy, depending on how detailed they want to get) for each era. Start with hero of time, then go to hero of the winds, hero of twilight, and then hero of the wild.

Reactions: tankart150
They could even do a movie (or trilogy, depending on how detailed they want to get) for each era. Start with hero of time, then go to hero of the winds, hero of twilight, and then hero of the wild.
You can make a pretty effective trilogy with Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, and Twilight Princess. Just change Twilight Princess a bit so that the Link featured is the same Link from the previous two but now naturally grown up rather than through time travel like in OoT.