The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless it’s Metroid or certain Zelda titles. Maybe also Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.
Well, Metroid might as well not exist to them half the time. Even Zelda is almost universally more family friendly in what it presents.

But in a big setting like a movie or a theme park, they’re going to want to shy more towards a family friendly air.

Well, Metroid might as well not exist to them half the time. Even Zelda is almost universally more family friendly in what it presents.

But in a big setting like a movie or a theme park, they’re going to want to shy more towards a family friendly air.
I don't necessarily agree with that. While I certainly think this land will be designed to be experienced by all ages, Zelda has definitely been focused towards teens and adults. It definitely doesn't have the same demographic as games like Mario, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon.

Also to be fair Nintendo has been giving Metroid a lot of love the last few years. Between Samus Returns, Metroid Dread, Prime Remake, and Prime Remasted, they have been giving it a lot of attention compared to their other legacy franchises.

I don't necessarily agree with that. While I certainly think this land will be designed to be experienced by all ages, Zelda has definitely been focused towards teens and adults. It definitely doesn't have the same demographic as games like Mario, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon.
Agree to disagree. I don't see Zelda having a different demographic in the slightest compared to every other Nintendo game.

Reactions: Cygnus
Agree to disagree. I don't see Zelda having a different demographic in the slightest compared to every other Nintendo game.
Idk, Mario games are meant to be easy to jump into games that anyone can jump into and enjoy. Not saying Zelda is tough, but BotW and TotK are games that you are meant to put 100+ hours into and certainly has a higher difficulty level meaning it’s not something that everyone plays.

That said, the characters themselves should be easy to build a story that is a four quadrant film like Suprer Mario Bros.

As much as we’d like a ride, does anyone think that we’ll just see a heavy update/retheme of the existing Poseidon’s fury walkthrough? If they want to be cheap the first half could be easily converted into a dungeon and the battle room could be converted into a duel with Link and Zelda trying to take down Ganon. They could even use the same screens. I hope they don’t go this route though, we need a dark ride.

As much as we’d like a ride, does anyone think that we’ll just see a heavy update/retheme of the existing Poseidon’s fury walkthrough? If they want to be cheap the first half could be easily converted into a dungeon and the battle room could be converted into a duel with Link and Zelda trying to take down Ganon. They could even use the same screens. I hope they don’t go this route though, we need a dark ride.

No, the building is a mess.

When we say mess, mess as in from dismantling, or because the inside is just gonna sit there until the land closes?
The initial rumor was this was under refurb because it had a lot of upkeep work that needed to be done if they to keep it around for another year or two.

Then they reopened it and (if I understand things correctly) the fixes they performed did not actually fix the attraction.

If all of that is true, the show just became a sinkhole of cash, so they shuttered it until they are ready to build its replacement.

There's no way they update or bring this thing back as some other IP or something like that. Only chance maybe would be if they need added capacity over the holidays or something and they decide to bring it back for like two weeks or something like that? But even that I don't see as a thing that will actually happen.

All of his statements are very specific to it not being made by Illumination, for what it’s worth.

As well, he never quite said “No”, but more he just didn’t know where the rumor came from and he sees rumors all the time.

I would rather it be written/directed by the How to Train Your Dragon team if it’s to be an animated movie, anyways.

His acknowledgment that he’s on the board and in constant talks with Nintendo is also a big deal for Universal in general.

My vacation started just after PF closed, but that outdoor facade/queue area is just amazing. It'll be sad when they tear it down, as it's a really cool area, but the show was dated, IMO. Never played Zelda, but it seems like Lost Continent would really be rejuvenated by an overhaul. Do we have any idea if the Zelda rumors include doing something with the old Sinbad show building? There's so much potential for a new land in TLC

Reactions: tankart150