T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I watched the old preshow video and I just have to say it again - the old video captured the idea in the best way. It creeped me out as a kid and as an adult I know it's because underlying the happiness, that voice and those clips made you acutely aware that there was something sinister going on even before the cut in... That video is part of my nostalgia for this ride, and the changes just don't compare - though the update was drastically needed in the age of the smart phone.

Reactions: tankart150
I would love to see them replace this show, i just want it to be a ride. They need a ride in that section of the park and hopefully it could even put crowds at Despicle Me. I just have no clue what they could add there and I think Universal Creative feels the same way

Reactions: LJGonz
I would love to see them replace this show, i just want it to be a ride. They need a ride in that section of the park and hopefully it could even put crowds at Despicle Me. I just have no clue what they could add there and I think Universal Creative feels the same way
Does the building even have the footprint for a ride?

Oh my gosh, a D-ticket or even C-ticket attraction would be amazing for that section.

I wouldn't mind another attraction replacing T23D, but I think I'd rather have a show replace it. Especially if Animal Actors kicks it when they shut down Kidzone, that would tip the balance toward too few permanent shows.

Maybe an interactive maze. Lasers and stuff.

Universal seems to have a huge bias against shows. I'm thinking they want to move towards a Diagon Alley model. Shows aren't a main thing, just something you happen to see as you pass by.
It's not really a bias. The guest survey's have told them the guests like the short show with a character meet n greet format rather than long shows. So they're doing what the guests ask. I wish they would develop 1 or 2 new stage shows though.