Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Aquatica would buy Disco H2O.
They have a bowl slide already, though Disco H20 would be vastly superior. Personally though, I'd rather have them get Brain Drain and The Storm.

If Aquatica ever does a real massive expansion, something like The Blast would be great as well, themed to a tropical river.

As a show of community good will, 3 iconic WnW slides (the new racers, Disco H2O, and The Black Hole) will find a new home at Fun Spot.

Ok, I just made that up.

Here's some info I got:

Volcano Bay is a temporary water park while WnW is rebuilt and is rebranded as: Wet n' Wild Hurricane Harbor, once it opens Volcano Bay will be shut down and destroyed. The theme of Wet n' Wild Hurricane Harbor is "cement everywhere." Then, the current Volcano Bay plot will be converted to a Universal's Motel - A Loews Resort.

This is fantastic news for theme parks everywhere!

If this is the hotel you're talking about, I've marked the area in red on the map below:

Large hotels planned for construction will break Orlando's current growth plan - Orlando Sentinel

View attachment 3808

WnW is blue and CBBR is green for reference.

That map gives a decent idea of how far Wn'W was from UOR, but I'd like to see for myself what the distance is actually like. Even with Adventura coming in the future as a value resort, I would think that Universal would go the same route due to the location. Just don't see how Universal could sell the future resort as anything higher unless the resort can offer something different.

That map gives a decent idea of how far Wn'W was from UOR, but I'd like to see for myself what the distance is actually like. Even with Adventura coming in the future as a value resort, I would think that Universal would go the same route due to the location. Just don't see how Universal could sell the future resort as anything higher unless the resort can offer something different.
It's really not far from Universal proper. It's closer to the edge of the property than Portofino is to Royal Pacific. The fact that you have to travel across I4 makes it " seem" that it's a universe away. :)

If a hotel were to be built in this plot, it will need to offer lots of things to prevent guests from walking around I Drive. It would almost need a mini citywalk with shops and different restaurants to keep them inside.
Well Universal doesn't have to compete with I Drive. Guest are going to go to IDrive and it's attractions especially if they are on IDrive. Universal wants in on IDrives ambitious future. That would be hotel on the WNW plot or anywhere else along I Drive is going to be a money making machine if done right by Universal.

Well Universal doesn't have to compete with I Drive. Guest are going to go to IDrive and it's attractions especially if they are on IDrive. Universal wants in on IDrives ambitious future. That would be hotel on the WNW plot or anywhere else along I Drive is going to be a money making machine if done right by Universal.
I might have to disagree with you on this. I-Drive seems to be building for a very different consumer than Universal is. Universal + Disney are going for the top of the market. I-Drive seems to be going much further down the chain. I don't think Universal cares at all what I-Drive does.

I might have to disagree with you on this. I-Drive seems to be building for a very different consumer than Universal is. Universal + Disney are going for the top of the market. I-Drive seems to be going much further down the chain. I don't think Universal cares at all what I-Drive does.
No They probably don't care what I Drive does. But Why not have a representation of your company on the most popular road in Orlando? What I Drive might become will bring people from all over and since Universal isn't already that far away, it would just seem like having a chunk of that success (if anything ever gets built) would be a nice move for them. Becoming more versatile with offerings as a resort in general.

Man... that park is dinky.

It really does. It feels a lot bigger inside and I can't get my head around just how big VB is going to be.

It's really not far from Universal proper. It's closer to the edge of the property than Portofino is to Royal Pacific. The fact that you have to travel across I4 makes it " seem" that it's a universe away. :)

The problem when walking from CBBR is that on a map it looks close but you need to walk up to Hollywood Way and then down Universal Blvd. It's about twice the distance from CBBR to CityWalk plus walking after a day at Wet n Wild is horrible.

Portofino is almost 2 miles if you walk it to VB but you can easily jump on a boat to Sapphire and then it's a tiny stroll.

It really does. It feels a lot bigger inside and I can't get my head around just how big VB is going to be.

The problem when walking from CBBR is that on a map it looks close but you need to walk up to Hollywood Way and then down Universal Blvd. It's about twice the distance from CBBR to CityWalk plus walking after a day at Wet n Wild is horrible.

Portofino is almost 2 miles if you walk it to VB but you can easily jump on a boat to Sapphire and then it's a tiny stroll.
Correct....But, I was referring to actual distance, as the bird flies, though, not walking distance. I4 being there is a real divider.

Correct....But, I was referring to actual distance, as the bird flies, though, not walking distance. I4 being there is a real divider.

The other big difference should be a better more consistent bus service. If I recall correctly, I think there was only 2 buses a day from CBBR to Wet n Wild.

I'm curious what route will be connecting CBBR + the rest of the UOR property to VB. I'm pretty sure that all of the resorts connect to one another in some way, but will the only way to VB be through CBBR if you're on property? This is minus the shuttle option.

Status
Not open for further replies.