The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Dec 29, 2009
Well, yes this did happen. Over the last few months, the Hulk's mist and Universals' lack of re-furbs on the Hulk had degraded the track therefore causeing rust and mold to cape over the track making the ride alot more bumby and trashing than it use to be. Since the rust problem did grow, so is the number of complains of the rust and the pain the ride is giving from the rusted track. And if you think the rust problem was nothing, take a look at these old pics:

January152011375.jpg

January152011383.jpg

January152011392.jpg

What is also bad is that it did spread to the bottom portion of the track on the lake scene:

January22011052.jpg

feb2011008.jpg

And whats more terrible is how long it had been going, 7 months!!! (Yes that long, here are some photos from that time):

2d1r42x.jpg

Also, the watersplash wasn't as powerful as it use to be (skip to 0:10):

[video=youtube;0vRppJPDxtg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRppJPDxtg&feature=fvst[/video]
But now Universal (I mean Baynum Painting...) is repainting the Hulk & returning it to it's original glory. :whoo:

img0285at.jpg

img0286s.jpg

img0284ta.jpg

March12011006.jpg

March12011004.jpg

Other news places about the Hulk:

Forms (Topic of disscusion)
------------------------------------
Orlando United (Of Chorse!)
Florida Thrills
IoA Central
Amusment Insider (More of an responce to the Screamscape article)

Articles / News Reports
---------------------------------
Screamscape (2 reports in the IoA section)
Behind the Thrills (One of the co-owners wrote this)
Theme Park Insider (Reports of how rough Hulk is)
Orlando Theme Park News (An article with responds)
Orlando Theme Park News (Another article about Hulk's repaint)
Orlando Sentinel (A report mentioning us)
News 13 (Includes the video that aired on tv)

Causes
---------------------------------
Hulk Cause (A Facebook cause for the Hulk's problem started by APA. Current Group pop: 128 )

Update: The Hulk has been repainted!

Last edited:
Reactions: universal chris
Universal is probably too preoccupied with Potter to clean up this mess, and they'll be too scared of the summer crowds to close it down to give it a proper cleaning and repaint. The nearest time I see an extensive refurb happening is September. :/

In other Hulk news, slightly unrelated, last Sunday I was next in line when the ride went down to take a train off the track and out of operation for the day. I think that's a pretty unique thing to happen during operating hours, but it only took about 10 minutes. No one in the station could see anything. They just ran two of the trains through empty and presumably took one out.

Universal is probably too preoccupied with Potter to clean up this mess, and they'll be too scared of the summer crowds to close it down to give it a proper cleaning and repaint. The nearest time I see an extensive refurb happening is September. :/

In other Hulk news, slightly unrelated, last Sunday I was next in line when the ride went down to take a train off the track and out of operation for the day. I think that's a pretty unique thing to happen during operating hours, but it only took about 10 minutes. No one in the station could see anything. They just ran two of the trains through empty and presumably took one out.

That is interesting, maybe the computers on HULK saw something wrong and they to take it down and off the track to fix it.

Last edited:
If only Hulk was as green as the water under it...

It really needs to get painted, both the track and supports. Even the trains could use a new coat of paint.

^Speaking of trains, I remember this Screamscape report a few months back:

2011 to 2014 - Island Refurbishment - Rumor - (10/16/09) Once the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens next year, Universal’s next step for Islands of Adventure may be to begin a series of “refresh and refurbishment” projects to the rest of the Islands over the next couple of years. With the success of the light up panels on the Rockit coaster, there is now a plan in place to go back and add green lighting to the Hulk trains as was promised way back when the park was first announced. If the rumors about audio being added to Dragon’s Challenge are true, I would count on seeing it added to Hulk as well. There is also a rumored plan to “upgrade” Spiderman, by adding a new scene or two by replacing a couple of scenes that don’t work as well as the rest. Seuss may just get repainted, possibly some new scenic elements, and there has been talk about adding a new attraction to the Jurassic Park area for years. What about the remains of Lost Continent? I think we could see something happen here as well, though would it be an expansion of Potter’s Wizarding World or something brand new?

Reactions: danielmann910
This topic has been discussed ad nauseam in the refurb thread. Yes it looks like hell. No, they will never shut it down to repaint. When they repaint, it will be done at night. I have seen it happen at least twice in the past 6 years. It was never closed throughout the entire painting process. Now go to the refurb thread and see what is going on. Universal will paint the thing when they are ready, they will also paint the cat in the hat's hat when they are ready. I am sure it is scheduled to be done, but they are not going to tell us when or do it sooner because of this thread and I PROMISE you that.

Wow, I'm happy on the responce on this thread!

If they change Spider-Man in any way, I will never go to Universal again. Not kidding. And Hulk does not need on-ride audio. It'd be a pointless addition that adds nothing to the story line.

Really, if they don't change the story-line on Spidey. I'll be fine.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam in the refurb thread. Yes it looks like hell. No, they will never shut it down to repaint. When they repaint, it will be done at night. I have seen it happen at least twice in the past 6 years. It was never closed throughout the entire painting process. Now go to the refurb thread and see what is going on. Universal will paint the thing when they are ready, they will also paint the cat in the hat's hat when they are ready. I am sure it is scheduled to be done, but they are not going to tell us when or do it sooner because of this thread and I PROMISE you that.

Amen, I hope so too.

Anyway, has anyone been to IoA with pics of HULK?

I rode for the first time in 3 months on Friday and it has gotten a lot rougher since then. It's just in such a sad, awful state. It should never get to that point.

Hi Everyone. Thought I'd add my observations to the Hulk thread. Yes, the Hulk needs painting, but it is so expensive to paint, I don't see it happening for a while until the economy picks up.
I rode Hulk last week, and one thing I did notice was the new light show in the launch tube. The green lights on both sides pulse synchronously with the sound effects and creep higher up the tube as the coaster is ready to launch. There are white strobe lights flashing as you shoot out of the tube too. Has anyone else remembered this from the past or is it new? Has anyone else recently observed this?
Glad to join y'all.