The Irishman | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Irishman

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is the thing to me about Netflix. With Amazon movies, i'll see them in theaters because they actually stay in theaters for awhile and don't go directly to Prime Video. And I go see movies in theater from non-streamers not only because of the experience for some films, but because I know otherwise i'm waiting 4-5 months to see it on-demand or home video. But even then, it's not going directly to a streamer after it's theatrical run (Disney+ may change a lot of that). So to me it's WORTH IT to see a lot of movies in theaters. I like the experience.

But The Irishman is releasing in theaters on November 1.... and will be on Netflix (a service i'm already paying for) exactly 26 days later on November 27th. Why THE HELL would I go see this movie in theaters? Netflix wants the awards, but they want to skate by the rules. It's pure BS. They know most are gonna wait for the movie to come to Netflix or else they wouldn't have announced the Netflix release date.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
210min run time.

I was going to try and make an argument for watching this in the cinema but with that length, I’ll be watching it at home where I can pause it at some point.

210min run time.

I was going to try and make an argument for watching this in the cinema but with that length, I’ll be watching it at home where I can pause it at some point.
Holy hell, 3.5 hours? Yeah, any chance of me seeing it in a theater just went out the door.

I think I may honestly see this in the cinema. Its only another 40 minutes longer than Endgame, not THAT ridiculous. Just won't drink water until the last hour/half hour.

I really wanted to love this, and there were some great moments in it, but I found it overlong and dull. It's a shame as the cast are fantastic.

Last edited: