The Iron Man Experience (HKDL) | Inside Universal Forums

The Iron Man Experience (HKDL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ReelJustice

V.I.P. Member
Aug 6, 2008
Universal City
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/b...t-hong-kong-park-disney-deploys-iron-man.html

An Iron Man-themed thrill ride, photo pavilion and shopping area will open at Hong Kong Disneyland in late 2016, said Thomas O. Staggs, Disney’s theme park chairman. The Iron Man Experience, which analysts say will cost at least $100 million, will be Disney’s first ride based on Marvel. Disney bought the comic book company for about $4 billion in 2009

Disneyjp-popup.jpg

Looking at the concept "art", it looks like Star Tours rides again...innovation y'all!. I mean, is this real life?

Last edited:
If this really does turn out to be the ST 2.0 tech... then wow. Of all the cool things you can try with Iron Man you go with a beefed up 20 year old simulator. SMH.

I'd honestly rather have a cloned Spider-Man/TF attraction themed to Iron Man.

That concept art is worrying me.
The architecture looks drab, rigid, dated, and uninspiring.
Stark Industries should look cool and state-of-the-art. This looks like a reject from the '60s (I love 1960's modernist architecture, by the way...when it's done well, that is).

They're kidding with that facade, right? They churn out the majestic sight of Mystic Manor, and then attempt to show us this. They create the well-balanced and futuristic facade of Mission: SPACE, and then think this is cute. And that name... It's almost as bad as "Transformers: The Ride-3D", or worse, "Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid".

Bah.

But I'll give it one thing: it's got more architectural dimension than Test Track or Transformers. :lol:

Last edited:
....I do hope you guys realize the Marvel ride was rumored to be a simulator..... But yeah, they could do more than a simulator, but Universal keeps on doing them so nothing to really complain about :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's amazing how a park that just built the greatest Disney attraction since TOT could then go and approve this.

Makes me feel a bit uncertain about its future...

I am embarrassed for Disney. This is just pathetic. I think I could design something better then that, and I am no designer. It just screams half-a**. For a franchise that is so widely popular, you would think that more time would be spent into it. Disgrace.

Who knows how good this attraction will end up being? I'll wait for better details or for it to actually open to call it a joke.

I am embarrassed for Disney. This is just pathetic. I think I could design something better then that, and I am no designer. It just screams half-a**. For a franchise that is so widely popular, you would think that more time would be spent into it. Disgrace.

You don't need to be a designer to replicate Star Tours, throw on a different coat of paint, and tell Lucasfilm to make a new film. This is bare bones/laziness at its best...and it's still going to cost them $100m. Shameful.

You don't need to be a designer to replicate Star Tours, throw on a different coat of paint, and tell Lucasfilm to make a new film. This is bare bones/laziness at its best...and it's still going to cost them $100m. Shameful.

How do you know that's all they're doing?

I think it's great that HKDL is getting its own unique ride instead of yet another Star Tours 2.0 clone. Plus, since it's being built from scratch and not an actual refurbed 20-year-old simulator, I'm hoping it could have more in-cabin effects like Stormrider from TDL. This is exciting and HKDL keeps getting reasons to plan a visit. Surprised nobody is excited for this.

I think it's great that HKDL is getting its own unique ride instead of yet another Star Tours 2.0 clone. Plus, since it's being built from scratch and not an actual refurbed 20-year-old simulator, I'm hoping it could have more in-cabin effects like Stormrider from TDL. This is exciting and HKDL keeps getting reasons to plan a visit. Surprised nobody is excited for this.

This.

The suggestion of a ride vehicle doesnt give you enough details to judge. Whos to say the technology wont be enhanced, or like Unird says, there wont be new effects? Its a new ride thats not only unique but will increase the attraction count of a small park. I feel like this is the most criticism one piece of concept art and a small description has ever gotten.

And its freakin Iron Man!! Iron Man is always cool

The ride could be a rehashed version of Star Tours, but that entrance is just pathetic. Tony Stark is an egocentric visionary who would fund something that size to be his local grocery store. For being people all about "story", they're barely giving us one with this entrance. At this point, the ride film/experience had better be something of relative worth...