The Lion King (Live-Action) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Lion King (Live-Action)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So essentially, it's being reanimated. Which is the last thing The Lion King needs. But I'll hold judgment until I see more.

I'm really not excited for Beauty & the Beast though.. as it looks to be beat-for-beat the original and so much CGI, it might as well be animated.

Another thing..is that I wonder who will they cast as Scar. Could they go for a new, talented actor (like how Donald is); or could they go with the same one that took center stage with the role (like how James Earl is in that category), Jeremy Irons. Either way, I am very interested to see who they cast for Scar. Another thing, is if they bring additional songs into the mix from the Broadway version that was cut from the original movie..

If Benedict Cumberbatch can sing, he'd seem like the natural choice.

Also, here is the first poster.

Simba is lookin' REAL GOOD.

0zx442geoyz11.jpg

Reactions: Magic-Man
It sure looks pretty, but even as a big TLK fan that doesn't change my thought that this is in the "Absolutely Pointless/Shameless cash-grab" category.

I would've been fine if they made this essentially a movie version of the Broadway musical to include songs such as He Lives in You and Shadowland which are downright showstoppers. Seriously, a Beyonce' cover of Shadowland would be killer.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that's gonna' happen, and they've confirmed there's no "Be Prepared" which for me is right behind HoND's Hellfire as one of Disney's best villain songs. The new songs better be dang good as this already feels lesser then the original.

Myself, not impressed. To me the beauty of the original film was the hand drawn animation. This simply looks like a shot-for-0shot CGI recreation.