The Magic, the Memories, and You! | Inside Universal Forums

The Magic, the Memories, and You!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What did you think?

• Awesome. They did it perfectly.

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Pretty good. I'd change it a bit, but I like it.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Meh. I don't care.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • It's okay, but I kinda wish they hadn't.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. Just . . . no.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
I love it, I thought it would be combined with Wishes and the only nighttime show, but its pretty cool that they have it seperate. Now I have reason to find every single photopass photographer and try to take as many pics as possible :lol:

I really like it. I agree Vyrus, usually I avoid the photopass people but with this I'm much more likely to get in some pictures. The new lighting effects on the castle are seriously amazing, especially the one where the whole castle looks painted in the different colored blocks!

I absolutely love this. I only watched the first half so I don't completely spoil it, but it's just amazing! I got those ever-common infamous Disney chills that you get when you watch a good show. This is Disney almost reinventing itself, and I'm liking it alot. :)

Well I always do photopass anyways because there is a way I go online and get the pictures for free :lol: Now I'll just take a bunch more just for fun

I was pleasantly surprised by how well done it was. Kudos to Disney for proving me wrong. Not only will this serve it's purpose in the "Memories" campaign, but I can definitely see this technology being used for future nighttime events.

I wonder if the pictures are randomly selected for the show, or someone goes through the pictures before the show and picks the ones they like best :shrug:

Amazing! When I watched it I was speechless! It doesn't look like projections at all! It really looks like the projections are part of the castle!

Yeah, I'm really excited to see the results of what they can do with this in the future, they completely blew me away with the execution. And it's going to be so easy for them to create new videos for future shows and special events. Huge kudos. I wasn't expecting much, and they really nailed it.

The projection is perfect, but I just don't care about others' pictures. THis amazing technology can be used in a much less cheesy way.

You may not care about others people pictures, but for a family visiting Disney to all of sudden see their picture up on the castle, thats priceless I'm sorry.

I know if I had kids and something like that happenned I would be extremely proud of having that honor.

Which is why the next couple of times there I'm gonna take as many as possible to get up there :lol:

I may have to bust out and go to the park with my Johnny Depp Mad Hatter hat I used for Halloween this year :lol:

I don't want to watch the video so I don't ruin it for when I see it at the parks, but is this the same tech that was used on either Paris' or California's Tower of Terror for the grand opening?

The projection is perfect, but I just don't care about others' pictures. THis amazing technology can be used in a much less cheesy way.
I agree with you 100%. The periods without other people's pictures were simply amazing. Great technology on Disney's part. Although the one thing that Disney does best is giving the feeling that you're not at a theme park. This show, amazingly made as it is, makes you feel like you are at one.

I think a show that has all the park's themes together, somewhat summarizing the park, would be much better in my opinion.

It reminds me of Believe in some ways, I enjoy it more (considering it's more grande and elegant) but there are definitely some parallels.

I think it's a lot like Reflections, too, encorporating the parts of the park that you probably visited during the day.
Yea, there are def some parallels to SeaWorld shows. I mainly brought up 'Believe' because of the guest interaction and video. That SW was the first to do any of these things it's just reminiscent of those shows in some aspects. From what I've seen I like it better than 'Believe' or 'Reflections' but I'll save my full judgement for when I watch it in person.