The Offical D23 Thread | Inside Universal Forums

The Offical D23 Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really have no idea what this could be. Disney is really loving putting promotions on their website now with the Muppets DCA Scavenger Hunt, and now this.

From another site on the net

In 1986, Steve Jobs purchased the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm Ltd & established an independent company labeled "Pixar."

23 hotels at WDW
23 attractions at Magic Kingdom when it opened
23 tons of trash produced each day at WDW (gosh, I hope we're not celebrating that.)
'23 is the year the Walt moved production to Hollywood
23 minutes is the length of two of the featurettes on Disney's DVD release of Prince Caspian.
23 shorts in the Pluto DVD
23 is the gap in years between Winnie the Pooh theatrical releases ended by the release of "(The/A) Tigger Movie"

1986 - Disney Channel goes 24/7 , Captain EO, Flight of the Navigator, Return to Treasure Island, Great Mouse Detective. If I remember correctly, wasn't Great Mouse Detective the first animated theatrical movie with computer animation.

1986 was also the last time Halley's Comet passed the Earth.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is scheduled to be rereleased on DVD on 3/10. So is Pinocchio and Return from Witch Mountain.

Also http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/01/counting-down.html seems to know the answer - saying its not pixar related

From Screamscape:

(1/13/09) The latest D-23 update claims that the whole initiative came forward last year when a Disney fan berated Iger over the fact that the company only caters to the casual Disney park fans and has abandoned the more dedicated intense long-term Disney fans. If the rumors hold true, people will apparently be asked to pay about $100 a year to become part of this new club which will be offered a bunch of new exclusive merchandise opportunities as well as setting up 1 or 2 fan events at the parks a year, with the first to take place in Anaheim.

On the disney event's page...

Dave Pacheco Product Release & Signing -"Are you 23?"
Date: Saturday, March 14, 2009
Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Join us as we welcome Disney Master Artist Dave Pacheco for a very special artist appearance and signing on Saturday, March 14, 2009. Dave will be on hand to sign a selection of artwork, a t-shirt and a pin featuring some of Disney's most beloved characters. Additional information about this exciting event will follow the March 10, 2009 announcement revealing the answer to "Are you 23?" To find out more about "Are you 23?" visit Disney.com/23.

Merchandise available while supplies last. A limited number of pieces will be available on the day of the event. We ask that only two (2) items be signed per Guest. We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Event merchandise must be purchased on the day of release at the event location. Valid Disneyland® Resort receipt may be required. Artist signing is subject to space and time availability and is not guaranteed. Artist will only sign their respective merchandise purchased on the day of the event only. Event information subject to change without notice. Separate admission is required to enter Disneyland® Resort theme parks.

Disneyland® DelivEARS and Walt Disney Event Services is unable to accept any phone calls, e-mails or faxes regarding this event at this time. More information will be available on March 10th.

Wow Disney caters to the casual guest who spend 4 times the money as people who go all the time,,,hmmm weird.... I wonder if these people work in the real world or for the federal government?

I'm pretty sure I've spent more than the casual guest who comes once a year. :lol: Considering I go at least 3-4 times a week and am always spending money on food/drinks and occasionally merchandise. Trust me, in a year that all adds up. :lol:

The quarterly mag is just part of it. Yes, it is a club. Here is more details of what it entails:

Annual price: $74.99 A one-year D23 Charter Membership* includes:

Disney ''twenty-three'' Quarterly Publication: A one-year subscription (four issues) to D23's exquisite collectible magazine, filled with stunning photography, dazzling illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. It's your all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney's past, present and future!

Membership Card and Certificate: Your membership card and personalized, suitable-for-framing charter member certificate feature many of Disney's most beloved characters drawn by Disney Master Artist David Pacheco.

Surprise Collectible Gift: A collectible just for D23 members. You'll receive a gift you'll cherish from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection.

Exclusive Special Events and Merchandise: D23 offers its members unique special-event opportunities throughout the year, as well as access to exclusive, limited-edition merchandise and collectibles.

D23 Expo: It's the ultimate Disney fan experience, taking place in Anaheim, California from September 10-13, 2009. This can't-miss event will feature guest speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and so much more! Admission will be discounted for D23 members.

Subscription to bi-weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter with breaking news and special offers. (You may opt out of receiving FanFare after your first e-newsletter arrives.)

Plus, stay connected to D23 every day at Disney.com/D23, featuring up-to-the-minute Disney news, feature stories, event info, merchandise and more.

*Join by December 31, 2009 to be a D23 Charter Member

D23 memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney..._-1_66520__Become-A-Member-D23-Membership-Kit

Last edited: