The Old KidZone Thread | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2009
Orlando
Well I thought it would be good to have this topic as soon you will see many many changes

The KidZone Store "Cartoon" and the Food Pizza Place are soon to close and be totally re done so is KidZone as we have all heard rumors of a make over to come my many Birds have been chirping away

HINT:

bob1_web.jpg

PS legos have nothing to do with it

So Woody and Curious George are gone to be replaced by Patrick and a Sponge?

from what I hear it will only be Spongebob brand, but who knows they might change their mind

I'll be interested in what they do, if that's the case. Kidzone really needs a singular aim/goal to really pull it together, and I don't know if Spongebob can do that, especially with ET right there.

I definitely wouldn't want to see all of Kidzone become just something Spongebob. But I'd more than welcome the return of Nick.

I'm wondering if maybe they would consider putting in something Madagascar besides the character meet. I think the KidZone could still work with multiple brands as it is now but a singular theme would be nice. Personally I would love them to come up with a theme revolving around movie making or starring in a movie then they wouldn't have to worry about having brands but that wouldn't sell as much.

Nickelodeon KidZone would be an awesome re-brand. Nick properties are just as popular as Disney and it'd be great for kids to have a permanent location to meet the characters, visit Bikini Bottom, etc. If they can squeeze an attraction in there, that'd be great too.

I'm wondering if maybe they would consider putting in something Madagascar besides the character meet. I think the KidZone could still work with multiple brands as it is now but a singular theme would be nice. Personally I would love them to come up with a theme revolving around movie making or starring in a movie then they wouldn't have to worry about having brands but that wouldn't sell as much.

Nickelodeon KidZone would be an awesome re-brand. Nick properties are just as popular as Disney and it'd be great for kids to have a permanent location to meet the characters, visit Bikini Bottom, etc. If they can squeeze an attraction in there, that'd be great too.

From what i heard Universal is wanting to sway away from using outside properties they want to use Universal owned items Spongebob being the bend to the rule cause he is sadly a cash cow

From what i heard Universal is wanting to sway away from using outside properties they want to use Universal owned items Spongebob being the bend to the rule cause he is sadly a cash cow

Okay so Despicable Me is a good start. And then what?

What else are we possibly losing here? Fievel's Playland would likely be the easiest as it's adjacent to the store and food stand, and they could possibly keep the water slide infrastructure for Spongebob... or are we talking a complete knockdown and rebuild?

Then again... one has to speculate if this is a simple new play area or will it include a new (or rethemed) ride, as well. Is Curious George safe? I thought that was still a fairly relevant property for Uni. And it'd slightly surprise me if they evicted Woody Woodpecker when his new film is on the horizon...

I mean the old cartoons are where the best collection of kids stuff is from, unless you count Seuess, but thats already in IOA.

The other thing could be some sort of incorporation of Shrek into the area, and the removal of Shrek 4D.....but Kevin might not be too happy about that :pound:

Man, between a KidZone re-do, Despicable Me, a new lagoon show, and the former Amity area attraction, we're getting like a near DCA-style makeover. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.