The Secret Life of Pets - 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

The Secret Life of Pets - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone both loving the Movie and Park industry; i'm keeping an eye on this, and the same is said about the park possibilitys for a attraction based on this. Its interesting, to say the least.

So Illumination has released a new trailer for the film, and unlike the first which seemed to be a series of gags from mostly side characters, this one is more prominent with main characters and showing a bit of the plot.

With that said, I'm gonna' be lowering my expectations for this film. A important thing about voice acting/casting, you want a voice that can fit the character. When it comes to Snowball, Kevin Hart's voice doesn't. fit. whatsoever. An' with Snowball being the villian of the film, ouch.

This film looks very similar to Zootopia coming from Disney.

It looks like it will be another entry here:
Twin films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm gonna' have to respectfully and severely disagree with that, since plot-wise, character-wise and even setting-wise they're not even close.

SLoP: Set in New York, with humans and regular animals. Plot is about a jack russel terrier who finds himself not being the favorite pet when his owner brings in another dog from the pound. They gotta' work out their differences while the rabbit Snowball is leading an' army of abandoned pets to take revenge on regular pets and their owners.

Zootopia: Set in a compleately different world which is split up into various sections. One's like a metropolis, one's like Vegas, countryside etc. No humans whatsoever as all the animals are anthropomorphic. Plot-wise it's about a rabbit trying to make it big in the city and it's police force, she has to solve a case of a missing otter and also work with a con artist fox who was one of the only witnesses to it. Oh yeah, there also seems to be a nasty outbreak which is causing the animals to go savage and attack one another.

These two films just arn't twin films, this is not like when Disney released The Wild and Dreamworks released Madagascar in the same year.

Also new this week, Universal/Illumination’s The Secret Life Of Pets barked its way into the UK/Ireland and Norway with an outstanding $15.2M start. In the UK, it scored the 4th biggest original animation opening weekend ever.

This will probably be Universal's only blockbuster film this year.

What a difference from last year. :lol: But they packed so many franchise heavy-hitters into 2016. Here's hoping Purge and Bourne are at least moderate hits.

Purge, Sing, Ouaji, and this will make money as it was so cheap compared to the rest of their fims but this will be the only 500+ WW that I see...Bourne hasn't been so hyped.