The Universal Backlot | Inside Universal Forums

The Universal Backlot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I totally got that, but I didn't get why it was funny. Is it supposed to be a grave? Or just a park dedication to a "dead" Zucker? Cuz if the joke was that he's "dead", then it would be Jeffry A Zucker Memorial Park. That's how it usually goes. Sorry I'm too literal haha!

No, Jeff Zucker is still alive. He's managing CNN now (which happens to be another property that I watch closely).

Suffice to say, I find it a bit ironic when Universal decided to honor Zucker after he single-handedly destroyed NBC and reigned over NBC Universal's arguably darkest corporate years when it comes to morale and direction of the parks. He didn't manage Universal Studios Hollywood directly, but he definitely set the tone for the entire company.

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting. CNN is doing really well these days though under his direction.

Uhm...I wouldn't say that they're doing really well just yet. They've taken another turn towards sensationalism, but I guess that's not really on topic, huh? LOL.
LOL. Who is the current NBC Executive officer?

No, Jeff Zucker is still alive. He's managing CNN now (which happens to be another property that I watch closely).

Suffice to say, I find it a bit ironic when Universal decided to honor Zucker after he single-handedly destroyed NBC and reigned over NBC Universal's arguably darkest corporate years when it comes to morale and direction of the parks. He didn't manage Universal Studios Hollywood directly, but he definitely set the tone for the entire company.
No, I know that, I meant that if they were trying to joke that he's "dead", they should've used the word "memorial" in the title ;)

I don't think the park was joking, the park is dedicated to him because he was their top executive for sometime, the kissing ass that corporate heads love, The joke is for us because we can't believe he got a park dedicated after his horrible tenure in NBC, it's like "you are joking right?", those kind of unintended jokes...

Reactions: Jon Fu
I don't think the park was joking, the park is dedicated to him because he was their top executive for sometime, the kissing ass that corporate heads love, The joke is for us because we can't believe he got a park dedicated after his horrible tenure in NBC, it's like "you are joking right?", those kind of unintended jokes...
Yup! Couldn't have said it better. I couldn't believe they would dedicate an area to Zucker, but I guess whatever works. One of those things you need to see to believe.