The Walkers do Orlando 2018 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walkers do Orlando 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That sounds like a terrible vacation. When I'm on vacation I'm in "Go, go, go" mode. I can relax on my couch at home.
Slow up, in my leisurely definition, means things like..."pool time, relaxing on a piazza or at a sidewalk cafe, having fun at a bar like Pat O'Brien's etc, leisurely resort walks, and so on...I don't ever even relax on a 'couch' at home. :lol::)

You will be able to leave the bags and have a great time. I'll be stayin and screamin Friday too.

I’ll be sure to look out for your profile photo.

Twas Andy. :lol:

Be sure to send him my best regards.

How are you getting around Scott? I was surprised to hear you went to Kissimmee and surrounding areas.

I’ve got a car. Rented through SixT and got a brand new Volvo S60 with 32 miles on the clock. I love driving abroad.

Nice report buddy, enjoying reading along. The jet lag never bothers me coming out going home however is a killer.

I don’t really see the jet lag as a hinderance. It’s a busy holidays and we’ve got place to be and things to do. Being up early is a benefit if anything.

Just finished Brunch at the top and I’m steaming. 9 glasses of champagne and 2 cocktails. Going back to fall asleep at the pool and get a tan on this pasty white Scottish body.

The bus service has been excellent so far. From leaving the hotel lobby to being in the MK, took 25mins including waiting on the bus, travel and security. When leaving, there was a bus waiting.

I once stepped in human poop in one of the caves on Tom Sawyer Island. Ruined my day.

You can’t really fault Disney for this but when I told a member of staff, their reaction was simply: oh, ok. And they went back to their conversation with another cast member.

My two other stories from today all involve staff simply not caring but I’ll get to that in a future post.

Same for me. Great posts but no way I can put a like next to it....That's the type of s _ _ t that unfortunately sticks in your mind forever. MK will never be the same to you. Indifference from employees is actually the worst part of your story.....and that would never happen at the Mad Dog pretend resort. :lol:

Reactions: Scott W.
A $200 dinner at Be Our Guest ruined because somebody done a massive shite in the urinal is the main bulk of my complaint. I have never been put off my food, ever but this was shocking.

I once stepped in human poop in one of the caves on Tom Sawyer Island. Ruined my day.

Anecdotal but I hear Shanghai is a watch your step zone. Maybe the MK has finally become what the detractors have been saying for years.
Better luck with Universal!

To get back on track.

On Sunday we did Brunch at the top and it was awesome. Worth every penny and service was incredible and the food even better. This is my first time in the contemporary and it feels like an expensive hotel right down to the high quality hand towels in the restrooms.

After 9 glasses of champagne and 2 cocktails it was a long staggering trip back to the hotel where we lay at the pool with a beer and frose.

The big difference between Pop Century and CBBR is the difference in activities and entertainment. In Disney it was constant and from all angles, CBBR not so much but there is probably equal things to do in both but in CBBR you have to go looking for it. Both options are attractive depending on how you want to relax at the pool.

Another thing I noticed is that prices are consistent across the resorts. What you pay for a bottle of sprite in Pop Century is the same as Animal Kingdom Lodge or Contemporary which I like although $3.50 for a bottle of sprite is still a rip off but Disney pricing.

After sobering up, we got the bus to Disney Springs and went to D’luxe burger which was a huge disappointment. I think it’s been changed considerably since our last visit. I like a greasy burger (I’m Scottish, we invented it) but this was beyond parody. Add the jet lag into it and I was falling asleep into my burger.

I’ll make another post about Magic Kingdom later.

Currently at Denny’s before heading to DHS to try and get our budget back on track. After D’Luxe burger we’ve cancelled our Sci-Fi Diner reservation.

Without properly looking it up, I think that’s ToT is currently missing scenes.

After riding Mission Breakout, I think it is far superior to here.

Last edited:
But you don't get goofy and waffles with it...

With the saved money I could buy a goofy doll and have him at every meal.

I was going to make a post talking about great My Disney Experience has been but the app has went down and it’s turned into a nightmare. RnRC was down all morning and it’s reduced the park capacity by 20%. I dread to think what this will be like when Star Wars opens.