Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walkers do Orlando 2018

Let's be honest...

Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Iron Dragon, Raptor, Rougarou, Valravn, Gatekeeper, Gemini, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak, Wicked Twister, and Woodstock Express are all leaps and bounds smoother than Rockit.

Only ones in contention with how rough and violent Rockit is are Magnum, Corkscrew, and Mine Ride. Rockit is a real POS and the new Hulk retracking isn't that much better.

First time I saw RRR I was like nope, as much as I enjoy coasters there is something about it that I nope out on. Had my first Five Guys burger here in the UK in the summer as we have one nearish, one of the best burgers I have had though not had one from a US place so have no comparison.

Blue Streak, Gemini, you got to be kidding:lol:. Just rode both of those a few weeks ago and RRR is nowhere near their bone crunching, neck snapping, super rough ride, UK Trigg said the same) on their roughness). Rode RRR in May most recently as comparison. So with those three you mentioned that you consider rough, that's five really bad coasters. I've been riding the coasters at Cedar Point since they only had one coaster in the park. All of those were OK in their earlier years but they've deteriorated to the point they all need torn down. Unfortunately that's economically unfeasible. I'm guessing the effects of the lake surrounding the park are mainly to blame for early deterioration. Magnum used to be my fav coaster anywhere, but now it's really unrideable, and that's a shame....The other coasters you mentioned are good to excellent. No problem there. But five really bad coasters in one park is about five too many.....RRR is certainly a bit rough, no doubt about that, but not on the level of those five at CP . Seriously, I've been going to Cedar Point since the early 70's . I have easily over a hundred trips to the park over the decades. But, I'll never go back. It's a shadow of the beautiful park it was. Vastly overrated at this stage of it's life. UK Trigg on Cedar Point, "One and done" .....and just for context sake, I'm one who actually likes a bit of roughness in a coaster, one reason I prefer wooden coasters over metal, but these all were way too much for me since they just make you feel like you're getting beat up while riding.

Last edited:
Is this normal to get an extra 2 days on your refillable Cup?

Attachments

• 0C3989DA-514F-4884-B17A-275A525A394C.jpeg
    0C3989DA-514F-4884-B17A-275A525A394C.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
Blue Streak, Gemini, you got to be kidding:lol:. Just rode both of those a few weeks ago and RRR is nowhere near their bone crunching, neck snapping, super rough ride, UK Trigg said the same) on their roughness). Rode RRR in May most recently as comparison. So with those three you mentioned that you consider rough, that's five really bad coasters. I've been riding the coasters at Cedar Point since they only had one coaster in the park. All of those were OK in their earlier years but they've deteriorated to the point they all need torn down. Unfortunately that's economically unfeasible. I'm guessing the effects of the lake surrounding the park are mainly to blame for early deterioration. Magnum used to be my fav coaster anywhere, but now it's really unrideable, and that's a shame....The other coasters you mentioned are good to excellent. No problem there. But five really bad coasters in one park is about five too many.....RRR is certainly a bit rough, no doubt about that, but not on the level of those five at CP . Seriously, I've been going to Cedar Point since the early 70's . I have easily over a hundred trips to the park over the decades. But, I'll never go back. It's a shadow of the beautiful park it was. Vastly overrated at this stage of it's life. UK Trigg on Cedar Point, "One and done" .....and just for context sake, I'm one who actually likes a bit of roughness in a coaster, one reason I prefer wooden coasters over metal, but these all were way too much for me since they just make you feel like you're getting beat up while riding.

Your bias is showing

Braveheart Special. They were a feared of your heavy Scottish accent. :thumbsup:...No refill. Take a sword to their head. :lol::)

I get confused for somebody speaking Spanish so often it’s ridiuclous but the weird thing is that I was next to a couple this year who I was convinced was Scottish but couldn’t make out s word they were saying (We can’t even understand each other) and they were Spanish so I now finally get it.

That Jimmy Buffet makes a great cocktail I tell you! Now I have the difficult task of packing for my flight tomorrow.

I get confused for somebody speaking Spanish so often it’s ridiuclous but the weird thing is that I was next to a couple this year who I was convinced was Scottish but couldn’t make out s word they were saying (We can’t even understand each other) and they were Spanish so I now finally get it.

That Jimmy Buffet makes a great cocktail I tell you! Now I have the difficult task of packing for my flight tomorrow.
All good things come to an end. You'll be back before you know it.....Thanks much for the interactive Trip Report. :thumbsup:

All good things come to an end. You'll be back before you know it.....Thanks much for the interactive Trip Report. :thumbsup:

I’ve still got 4 days worth of reports to post so it’s not over yet. Still need to give an overall review of the hotels and resorts plus a general overview of the trip and what I would and wouldn’t do again.

Still plenty to come.

I’ve still got 4 days worth of reports to post so it’s not over yet. Still need to give an overall review of the hotels and resorts plus a general overview of the trip and what I would and wouldn’t do again.

Still plenty to come.
Plane trip will give you time catch up, safe travels and thanks again.

BIAS?...I've been going to that park since the 70's. Have you?

No, I wasn’t even alive back then, but to call CP deteriorating and a shadow of its former self is about as dishonest as it comes. Not sure why you’d go 100’s of times only to say you’re never returning again. Sounds like you had a personal experience that’s affecting your attitude towards the park.

In regards to Rip Ride Rockit, here’s a ride that doesn’t do anything revolutionary, has only been in operation for a little over 9 years, and has already had its entire fleet of trains replaced because they were too heavy for the ride to begin with. I’d be pissed if I were Universal, spending upwards of $60 million on a rough POS when they could have gotten a Mako level ride with onboard audio for a third of that price tag.

We all know that Rockit has good seats and bad seats, but what makes it stand out is that to many guests, it’s the highlight attraction for the park and it absolutely sucks. I’d take the bumpiness from a ride that opened in 1964 (blue streak) over the sloppily engineered pile of crap that is Rockit.

No, I wasn’t even alive back then, but to call CP deteriorating and a shadow of its former self is about as dishonest as it comes. Not sure why you’d go 100’s of times only to say you’re never returning again. Sounds like you had a personal experience that’s affecting your attitude towards the park.

In regards to Rip Ride Rockit, here’s a ride that doesn’t do anything revolutionary, has only been in operation for a little over 9 years, and has already had its entire fleet of trains replaced because they were too heavy for the ride to begin with. I’d be pissed if I were Universal, spending upwards of $60 million on a rough POS when they could have gotten a Mako level ride with onboard audio for a third of that price tag.

We all know that Rockit has good seats and bad seats, but what makes it stand out is that to many guests, it’s the highlight attraction for the park and it absolutely sucks. I’d take the bumpiness from a ride that opened in 1964 (blue streak) over the sloppily engineered pile of crap that is Rockit.
On Cedar Point. My view is based on many years of attending, and many visits during every decade dating back to the 1970's. I rode the coasters, that are now ridiculously rough, when they were new and decent. It's a shame that so many have deteriorated without replacement with something else. Every replacement doesn't need to be a high priced coaster. At least they modified Mean Streak into SV. That's a start. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion though it is based on well over a hundred visits to the parks over the years, they've gone overboard with coasters. The park is now just essentially steel and concrete. Very little shade. Areas that were once stunning, like the Frontier trail & the Frontier town, now have coaster track zigzagging through them. No longer a pretty sight. Not much diversification in attractions. It used to be a world class "Amusement Park". Now it's just basically a concrete jungle coaster park with a few really excellent coasters, a number of good coasters, and way too many bad coasters. In the past Cedar Point still had a good mix of diversity while maintaining a charming ambiance. The park has a beautiful setting, and the park too was beautiful in the 70's, 80's and somewhat in the early 90's.The reason I'm so disappointed in the park is because I experienced it when it was much more than what it has become ....Now on to RRR. I've said it was rough. My only point is that it's "not" as rough as the group of CP coasters I mentioned. I'm no apologist for Hulk either. If you had read my Hulk posts, you would have seen that I complained about the head banging still present, even after the redo. But I think the Hulk's overall ride is decent, but certainly not in the top ten coasters I've rode over the years. And I've never said anything positive about DC in the past, since like Raptor (CP) and Alpengeist (BGW), it always made me nauseated. So I don't really see the 'bias' claim. I've attended Cedar Point more than even my local Kennywood Park, over the years. And when I lived in northwest Ohio, Cedar Point was my home park. And let me emphasize. My view of Cedar Point is just not a large number of visits over a short ten or fifteen year time period. It's a large number of visits over a large span of time, and the park has had many different looks over the years. It's really something that needs experienced to understand...........and I'm starting to get the same negative opinion of BGW also, though not to that extent 'yet'. I've experienced BGW since the second year it was open.....And I have to give a high five to Dollywood. They've expanded, kept their diversity and beautiful looks and charming ambiance, maintained a high level of live entertainment, without falling to the parking lot coaster look. I would have liked to have seen CP do the same. They had the 'bones' to do that, but they chose to remove the bones. Bottom line, CP has become too one dimensional.....But I guess it's great for people who just want to ride coasters all day, whether they're good or bad.

Last edited: