Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

So.. if Minion Blast is well received, seems like a no brainer to put it here? Even if they didn’t use the conveyor belt. It would around out their “Minion Land”

So.. if Minion Blast is well received, seems like a no brainer to put it here? Even if they didn’t use the conveyor belt. It would around out their “Minion Land”
So I’ll check on the footprint when I get home, and I don’t think Villain-Con would even fit into there. And even if it did, Murdy had expressed direct interests to that it was being converted to become a proper black box venue for HHN teams.

So I’ll check on the footprint when I get home, and I don’t think Villain-Con would even fit into there. And even if it did, Murdy had expressed direct interests to that it was being converted to become a proper black box venue for HHN teams.

Remember, when doing the size, Blast only takes up one of the Shrek theaters:)

It does make a nice HHN location, but an everyday attraction would be better IMO

If capacity is a major concern for the park as @chris.g has claimed, then I'm not sure where adding Villain-Con would fit into that strategy. I suppose it's not a must-do attraction and is better than having nothing in that space.

If we have to lose Parisian or Hudson Gate, it better be for a ride or something worthwhile if we're going to sacrifice HHN venues. I think sacrificing Hudson for that Minion Shooter would be a big mistake. They could build a very small dark ride if they put the entire ride on the second floor and have the queue, restrooms, exit gift shop, and Mel's on the first floor.

I don't see the need to hover around Hudson Gate like some hungry vulture. There's literally nothing else they can put in that space that wouldn't require a major construction project. They can use all of the HHN venues they can get while the park is changing/expanding, not to mention it's one of the better venues to work with for set space. Besides, if they really want to, they could put an exhibit or a museum or something.

I doubt it, seems like it’s a HHN only space for now. They would need to knock it all down and start from scratch and I doubt universal wants any more construction

Knock it all down? From what we understand, Minion Blast is literally just walking through video screens

Would be an easy install if it is indeed an empty black box space

Knock it all down? From what we understand, Minion Blast is literally just walking through video screens

Would be an easy install if it is indeed an empty black box space
There’s employe break rooms and other things in that building. It’s multi level

There’s employe break rooms and other things in that building. It’s multi level
Second floor is breakroom right? I think hypothetically a retrofit with a redone layout could be possible, but I'm not sure where queue would even fit in. Parisian, if anywhere, is probably the safest bet

Second floor is breakroom right? I think hypothetically a retrofit with a redone layout could be possible, but I'm not sure where queue would even fit in. Parisian, if anywhere, is probably the safest bet
Something like that. I also think there’s a place for actors to get into makeup too

The one big benefit to Minion Blast is that it has the equivalent capacity of two Shrek theaters but with a microscopic footprint. If they could squeeze it in, it'd really balance out the family offerings on the Upper Lot and alleviate some of the strain on Pets. But it's also a bit of a C-ticket so it might not be worth the infrastructural pains that'd follow.

So I am going to go off on an assumption as I believe the indoor queue for TWDA does not go far, but I believe it is this @Jwhee.
1681533538563.png

Can always be corrected by this, but the venue, aptly named Universal Boulevard Entertainment Venue (UBE Venue); is not going to be used for any form of a permament addition. Portions of it were converted to storage, and that it is a multi-level structure with infastructure for the park also embedded.

Parisian/French Street allows them to completely transform that section to be on Illumination, as Sing would fit in both Parisian Courtyard and French Street.

Last edited: