Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

Usually, I would say with great confidence that this park can’t afford to go one attraction down. I would also usually argue that anything other than an attraction/experience in this section would ultimately be supplemented with an experience elsewhere. However, we are now getting to the point where so many rides and experiences are on the table for the next 3 years, I truly don’t know what to expect.
Any ride can go down....heck the lower lot just had two rides for half of last year.

But as an AP, I just can't wait for 5 years from now when hopefully the park feels full. Nintendo is a great start but still think the DK ride, and second Potterland is needed to bring the park to feel like something I could tell someone they need a full day to see.

Any ride can go down....heck the lower lot just had two rides for half of last year.

But as an AP, I just can't wait for 5 years from now when hopefully the park feels full. Nintendo is a great start but still think the DK ride, and second Potterland is needed to bring the park to feel like something I could tell someone they need a full day to see.
My comment was not centered around whether or not a ride can or can not go down. I’m talking about a decision from the big guys to remove an attraction in favor of a non attraction. That’s what I mean by down. Down as in “down in the overall lineup number” not a temporary closure.

I'm kinda surprised the attraction has held out as long as it has. But it feels time to go.

I am more curious about what, if anything, will replace it. I doubt it'd be extra queue space for SLOP... that's rumored to have a virtual queue, so it theoretically wouldn't be necessary to have an extra queue. And it doesn't really need any more retail or food in that area, IMO.

Universal Monsters walk through would be great, but I don't know how realistic that would be, especially if that location is now Pet's Place... it's probably not the best idea to have an "adult"/scary attraction literally next door to a family attraction (which is also probably a contributing factor to TWD closing before SLOP opens).

To me, a flex space isn't a bad idea, especially since they lost the Globe Theater. And doesn't the back of the building have an exit that goes directly outside the park? If so, it'd be even easier to manage any special events held in there; they could have their own enterance separate from the main entrance. I'm just not quite sure if the space would be large enough for it, or how it'd be configured. But it'd be easy extra income for the park to do so... a lot of proms, coroporate events, and special events used the Globe back in the day.

I think a flex space is the most likely option. Year-round haunts have proven to be unpopular with the GP even if it’s based on a major IP. There’s no space at all for a ride of any kind. Besides, the park needs a flex space for events and HHN now that Globe is gone.

I think a flex space is the most likely option. Year-round haunts have proven to be unpopular with the GP even if it’s based on a major IP. There’s no space at all for a ride of any kind. Besides, the park needs a flex space for events and HHN now that Globe is gone.

This makes sense. Need some place to give out free hot chocolate ;)

I imagine flex is very likely. The alley will most likely become Pets extended queue, with a side entrance being kept in the most likely scenario that HHN uses it as a house location.

We're hearing enough of the same to run the story.

I think it'll turn into queue space for SLOP. I don't think the whole virtual queue only thing is going to work out like they want it to, just look at Water World, hardly anyone uses the virtual queue or knows how it even works:lol:!

I think it'll turn into queue space for SLOP. I don't think the whole virtual queue only thing is going to work out like they want it to, just look at Water World, hardly anyone uses the virtual queue or knows how it even works:lol:!

I mean, it isn't like Waterworld's BUILT for the Virtual Queue though.

I do think that this could very much become a "temporaily" extended queue for Pets, if only for the initial launch period. But Pet's is being built with VQ in mind.