Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

It will be a flex space post HHN. They won't put a maze next to a Children's area.
Yeah, the days of a year-round haunt at USH are over. I’m not even mad about it and I can’t even blame them. It’s either too intense for the GP or too boring for the HHN fans. It also costs a lot to operate.

That being said, I do miss the House of Horrors. That was the only year-round haunt that gave me at least one good scare every time. That was intense, but it was annoying to deal with the overlays at HHN.

Definitely not. Chicken Run maze and Grinch’s cave were both a thing in one year as I recall. Spider-Man Rocks lasted one year. Don’t forget about the Creature from the Black Lagoon Musical. That didn’t even last six months! There was also Shrek Live. That was so short lived almost no one knew about it! There’s a reason for that.

so yeah, TWDA was pretty successful compared to those attractions.
Funny I have a VHS tape of my 4th bday and it has the shrek live show.

Yeah, the days of a year-round haunt at USH are over. I’m not even mad about it and I can’t even blame them. It’s either too intense for the GP or too boring for the HHN fans. It also costs a lot to operate.

That being said, I do miss the House of Horrors. That was the only year-round haunt that gave me at least one good scare every time. That was intense, but it was annoying to deal with the overlays at HHN.
I would kill for a high budget House of Horrors 2.0 to take WD's place, but universal probably wont bite

Confirmed with an interesting nugget:

"After many years of thrilling guests, ‘The Walking Dead’ attraction will close on March 4,” it read. “The area, now referred to as Pets Place, has been reimagined to accommodate the arrival of the new ride, The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash! We look forward to the return of ‘The Walking Dead’ as a focal point in our slate of Halloween Horror Nights mazes this fall.”

Wait what? Why? To make things even more confusing, the attraction is closing so the exteriors get a facelift... so is this just the maze without the extra dressing outside? So dumb.

Wait what? Why? To make things even more confusing, the attraction is closing so the exteriors get a facelift... so is this just the maze without the extra dressing outside? So dumb.
Wait... WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED? haha

Confirmed with an interesting nugget:

"After many years of thrilling guests, ‘The Walking Dead’ attraction will close on March 4,” it read. “The area, now referred to as Pets Place, has been reimagined to accommodate the arrival of the new ride, The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash! We look forward to the return of ‘The Walking Dead’ as a focal point in our slate of Halloween Horror Nights mazes this fall.”

Looks to be that way, at least for this year. I imagine after HHN they will gut the inside and get to work on whatever they are planning next.

I wouldn't be surprised if the marketing this year suggests that 2020 is your "final chance to expeirence AMC's The Walking Dead attraction" as well. In any event, I am happy to see this thing go.

While I don't want it to be too long term, I'm not against the idea of bringing it back for HHN. It may drive a bit more traffic to it if it's been closed for a few months.

I wouldn't expect them to change it much (if at all), but am I remembering correctly that Murdy said the final 1/3 of that attraction was designed so it could be changed? And as far as I know, it never has. Could be fun if they put in a different ending.

Shame...it was a fun memorable experience that helped further differentiate between the park on Orlando. But I only visited once, and I’m not sure it was something I’d do again on revisits which I suppose was the issue.

Shame...it was a fun memorable experience that helped further differentiate between the park on Orlando. But I only visited once, and I’m not sure it was something I’d do again on revisits which I suppose was the issue.

In a park with an already limited number of attractions, I think the fact that most people are happy this is going is all you need to know :shrug:

You are right that it gave USH something different though, but with SLOP, Dreamworks Theatre, Jurassic World, Studio Tour and soon SNW they are actually not doing too bad.

Sorry for possibly a "stupid question," but if the attraction officially closes on March 4th, is the last day to experience the maze on March 3rd or March 4th?

I searched through the internet for news of the closing, but the only language used is that it will "close on March 4th." I wish the articles would clarify and write, "the last day to experience is March X." Thinking of stopping by after work on either day. Wonder if it will be an hour+ wait?

As far as I understand it, today is the last day to visit it. It will be closed on March 4 onward for the foreseeable future.

I know, it was a bit confusing to me, too.

Sorry for possibly a "stupid question," but if the attraction officially closes on March 4th, is the last day to experience the maze on March 3rd or March 4th?

I searched through the internet for news of the closing, but the only language used is that it will "close on March 4th." I wish the articles would clarify and write, "the last day to experience is March X." Thinking of stopping by after work on either day. Wonder if it will be an hour+ wait?

today is the last day

And just like that, the Walking Dead has been removed from the app. The helicopter is still there on the app map. Same as the shrek building, Jurassic Park, and the cartooniversal store... they really need to update those!:lol: