The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yuck! You can tell that this was probably not the intention for this area in the long term. I think this was a last minute move for SLoP to make its 2020 timeframe.

So um.... has anyone else heard any very interestingly eyebrow-raising rumors in regards to TWD Attraction's replacement? "IF" true, the huge grain of salt covered rumor would be a shared attraction with Orlando (like TWD Attraction was supposed to be). I personally don't believe it, but this is also Universal. With that being said, the "I'll believe it when I see it" attraction would be similar to what came before this.... only... "dark" and in a completely different "universe".

thoughts?

So um.... has anyone else heard any very interestingly eyebrow-raising rumors in regards to TWD Attraction's replacement? "IF" true, the huge grain of salt covered rumor would be a shared attraction with Orlando (like TWD Attraction was supposed to be). I personally don't believe it, but this is also Universal. With that being said, the "I'll believe it when I see it" attraction would be similar to what came before this.... only... "dark" and in a completely different "universe".

thoughts?
If it’s what I think it is, does it relate to a certain house at HHN this year?

In the immortal words of Murdy's overused Magic 8 Ball....

hKruDve.jpg

thoughts?

Please be a ride...

Hey guys this is Universal Sicard. I got logged out of my old account. To be honest even though the 2017 Mummy was a flop. I can see where this attraction is headed. And as for globe theaters replacement adjacent to the walking dead..... Well it seems that Jimmy fallons getting slowly removed from the tour. And he has his own ride in orlando. So I predict that there going to put a new non screen walkthrough replacement. Then JIMMY FALLON IS COMING AGAIN.

Reactions: marip123
Hey guys this is Universal Sicard. I got logged out of my old account. To be honest even though the 2017 Mummy was a flop. I can see where this attraction is headed. And as for globe theaters replacement adjacent to the walking dead..... Well it seems that Jimmy fallons getting slowly removed from the tour. And he has his own ride in orlando. So I predict that there going to put a new non screen walkthrough replacement. Then JIMMY FALLON IS COMING AGAIN.

I have not heard any mention of Race Through New York coming to Universal Studios Hollywood.

As for TWDA, Something will eventually replace it. Perhaps sooner, it depends. Honestly; and this is with not knowing much of it's future, I think that the venue is better suited to be Overflow for what is coming to the Globe Theater.

I have not heard any mention of Race Through New York coming to Universal Studios Hollywood.

As for TWDA, Something will eventually replace it. Perhaps sooner, it depends. Honestly; and this is with not knowing much of it's future, I think that the venue is better suited to be Overflow for what is coming to the Globe Theater.
....and let us hope and pray it stays that way.

....and let us hope and pray it stays that way.

Don't get me wrong, RTNY seems fun; and looks like a nice way to get out of the heat.

That said, just because Fallon is seemingly getting minimalized on the Studio Tour; no-one should think that automatically guarantees something else happening.

Lets not wish one less thing for people to do in the park on anyone when it comes to rides/attractions. This park needs more not less.
TWD always seemed to me like it was hastily slapped together and overall just not a great attraction. Yeah, it's "something to do" but I'd rather have quality over quantity. And with the associated television show taking a dive in the ratings, I don't expect either the show or the attraction to last much longer.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
well yea.. hence the rumor of an interesting replacement for it. I'll believe it when I see it, but it has to be better than this attraction. I feel like this attraction was always too restricted. House of Horrors, Van Helsing, Mummy... all had more freedom because it was a Universal based attraction.

IF ...and its a huge salt-covered ball of IF... the replacement rumor does actually happen, while part of me would be thrilled, as I said before... I just don't understand the "HOW" when they only have one "DARK" corner of that "UNIVERSE" actually available. None of the other parts have been dug up & revamped yet, so maybe this is meant to be an ever-evolving attraction to keep it fresh & new. A flex space attraction like DreamWorks only for the horror side. Although if they do want to play with this new universe, do it in a way that honors the old while focusing on the new.

I'd personally take a land or full blown ride on the Lower Lot (but thats another story entirely).

Referring back to Wesker's rumor about a potential Classic Monsters replacement.....I have a thought:

I just rode the new Haunted Castle at Santa Cruz last weekend. Pretty nifty ride and a brilliant use of the small space given for a lengthy ride. You go inside of a 5-6 passenger vehicle and then it descends down to the basement where almost all of the ride takes place. We all know TWDA building is not large at all. They could squeeze a a ride similar to that by having the indoor queue and gift shop(?) on the first floor and then have the ride descend to the basement level. It would be a perfect D-ticket ride for USH and a clever use of space.

I don't know if the building would be tall enough or it there's enough basement space, but if they REALLY wanted to be clever with the space, they could have the queue and loading at ground level, ascend upstairs and have part of the ride above the queue, and then descent all the way down to the basement and then back up the first floor at the end of the ride. If they go this route, I feel like it would be a much bigger hit than just a walk-thru.

^It is a fun ride, but it's also notoriously slow loading. That line just crawls.
And for a split second, I thought this was The Mummy thread... :lol:

Anyway, they FINALLY added some scenic detail to the new/temporary entrance tunnel wall. It just needs burnt/dirt marks with some blood & it'd look great.
1uggW2d.jpg