The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Walking Dead has a Rick Grimes movie trilogy on the way - The Verge

So uh...
What are the possibilities that Universal doesn't take down this attraction by the time this trilogy starts so that they can add scenes from the movies into the maze?

(Also, didn't they say that they were planning to add scenes from upcoming seasons way, way back or was that just my imagination?)

UPDATE (after just going back one page into this forum):
Outlook Not So Good.

Reactions: marip123
The Walking Dead has a Rick Grimes movie trilogy on the way - The Verge

So uh...
What are the possibilities that Universal doesn't take down this attraction by the time this trilogy starts so that they can add scenes from the movies into the maze?

(Also, didn't they say that they were planning to add scenes from upcoming seasons way, way back or was that just my imagination?)

UPDATE (after just going back one page into this forum):
Outlook Not So Good.

Sorry to break it down but the walking dead will be in the chopping block very soon to make more space for illumination land.

Not to say, I'm not surprised that'd it would be put for the Illumination expansion, but yeah. Not surprised..

If anything, I hope it becomes a themed sit-down dining experience of some kind with the Minions.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Food for thought, what if they just close The Walking Dead Attraction..and just gut the space to just become a "event space"?

We don't have one in the park now after-all, and it would be more useful than some may realize..just a thought. And, it'd also give them another space for event's in the park, such as Halloween Horror Nights.

Reactions: chris.g
Food for thought, what if they just close The Walking Dead Attraction..and just gut the space to just become a "event space"?

We don't have one in the park now after-all, and it would be more useful than some may realize..just a thought. And, it'd also give them another space for event's in the park, such as Halloween Horror Nights.

I see where your going. We need another event space like we need rides with more SCREENS. Unfortunately universal needs to fill more capacity than to kill capacity. This is why we have soundstages to hold events other than to film. Orlando doesnt use their soundstages but only for special events. I need my prayers answered with a new haunt.

Going to say, you should just edit your original post so you don't have to double-post.
__
..that said, Universal lost the Globe. And while Stage 29 is now the park's property (as it's seeming right now), it shouldn't be the primary event location.

If you were to tell me that The Walking Dead Attraction would leave for a proper event space back at Universal Hollywood, it wouldn't surprise me. Hell, I'd actually think that'd be ideal, considering proximity to that and Universal Plaza.

As far as Men in Black having any chance of being at Universal Hollywood..don't count on it.

I recall in November while the Grinchmas tree was still being set up, Universal Plaza was used for a private event during the day. There's also a rather large enclosed tent north of Park Lake adjacent to the new soundstages that appears to be used for private events as well. I can't see TWDA being used as an event location that would not get full usage year-round. Real estate is too valuable on the upper lot. That space should be devoted to a year-round attraction.

I recall in November while the Grinchmas tree was still being set up, Universal Plaza was used for a private event during the day. There's also a rather large enclosed tent north of Park Lake adjacent to the new soundstages that appears to be used for private events as well. I can't see TWDA being used as an event location that would not get full usage year-round. Real estate is too valuable on the upper lot. That space should be devoted to a year-round attraction.

You're right, and they have been using the park itself recently (specifically WWoHP) for their private events. Companies are more willing to rent the park itself than an empty building next to the park. Plus there are plenty of venues in Citywalk (specially the upstairs of Margaritaville) that can be used for private events if need be.

I dont know why anybody hasnt predicted this. Stranger Things S2. It doesnt matter if we already had S1 as a maze. Walking Dead dont belong to universal. Neither does stranger things. It could work

Stranger Things, in general, won't become a permanent daytime attraction in the foreseeable future for Universal Studios Hollywood.

If you want Stranger Things 2 in the parks, look towards the fall season.

Stranger Things, in general, won't become a permanent daytime attraction in the foreseeable future for Universal Studios Hollywood.

If you want Stranger Things 2 in the parks, look towards the fall season.

Stranger things could work, not technically a theme for a haunted house. If you remember walking dead wasnt marketed as a haunted house and it worked. For awhile......

I don't think you are getting what I mean by that statement.

You're right, and they have been using the park itself recently (specifically WWoHP) for their private events. Companies are more willing to rent the park itself than an empty building next to the park. Plus there are plenty of venues in Citywalk (specially the upstairs of Margaritaville) that can be used for private events if need be.

I would love to be proven wrong. Sincerely, I do. But I get the vibe that they may want to go into that direction.

Hell, even Orlando has something like that; when you look at Stage 33.

Oh god please not let it be another ride based on a illumination film. Even tho the walking dead sucks. Its the only all year round haunted house in california and its one of the only shows that doesnt rely on SCREENS.

Secret life of pets will be a great dark ride and Illumination will be 100 percent be taking over all that area including where the walking dead is located. All I can say is great times ahead for USH.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
Wow, we're getting as much conflicting reports about weather TWD will be part of SLOP as World of Color did about whether it'd be opening or not in 2018 (before Disney made their formal announcement) . :/

I guess it isn't impossible, but I'll say there's a *lot* of employee infrastructure dedicated to Walking Dead. We'd probably have some concept if it were closing soon, as many of those performers and leads don't exactly have anywhere to go.