The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering HOW MUCH of the HHN TWD maze was aninayronics and statues with fancy lighting, one would think they will simply be putting in use stuff that they already have in a space not really used. And they will probably reuse alot of HOH props and set dressing.  I could really care less about a year round TWD maze,  but, it's nice it's going to be close to where HOH was, and they don't have to tear down yet another attraction to build it 

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering HOW MUCH of the HHN TWD maze was aninayronics and statues with fancy lighting, one would think they will simply be putting in use stuff that they already have in a space not really used. And they will probably reuse alot of HOH props and set dressing.  I could really care less about a year round TWD maze,  but, it's nice it's going to be close to where HOH was, and they don't have to tear down yet another attraction to build it 

None of the Walking Dead mazes had animatronics. Unless you're referring to the static Walkers that were on a platform? 

Reactions: Ryan
Murdy surely will be going over how the attraction will be different from past HHN TWD mazes since he confirmed on his twitter feed that's  a topic he will be walking through in next weeks WonderCon 

None of the Walking Dead mazes had animatronics. Unless you're referring to the static Walkers that were on a platform? 

yeah that is what i meant. sorry. The moving platform zombies and the static zombies filtered through the whole thing that looked like they were moving sue to the strobe lights. 

^ That does not mean they can not do the animatronics, as presented at during IAAPA. They were actually really good, and Im absolutely keen Sally will make them. 

^ That does not mean they can not do the animatronics, as presented at during IAAPA. They were actually really good, and Im absolutely keen Sally will make them. 

I doubt they will. The sally figures have embedded sensors for interactive ride elements and are designed to serve a completely different purpose than the ones being developed for TWD in Hollywood. There's no point in going with Sally just because they made 1 animatronic walker at IAAPA. They're simple humanoid figures, it'll be MUCH cheaper to get it done locally.

If anything, I see them maybe going straight to Greg for handling the walker AAs, to ensure the accuracy being close, or near-identical to the original models. That, or they'll have puppetry take a large presence for some of the walkers.

Seeing some tweets from WonderCon regarding TWD maze.  Sounds interesting so far.  Can't wait for the Inside Universal write-up with all the info known so far......

Some notes, the que is themed to the 1st episode hospital, animatronics based off molds from the show, the attraction went through 12 versions, auditions May 5th and 6th.  Opening????

Some notes from the WC panel.

-Line will be of the Hospital sequence of S1

-the Burning Cabin scene will be represented

-Animatronics will be fom Greg and his team (molds for actors also)

-Attraction length will be 7 minutes

And as stated by Upside, Auditions are in May 5th and 6th, which gives me a feeling that it'll soft possibly by Memorial Day, but that's a guess.

Reactions: chris.g
Regarding the attraction length of 7 minutes, how is that compared to a typical HHN maze length, and also compared to the departed House of Horrors maze attraction.  I can never tell how long I'm in a maze when actually going through it. :)

I hope they stagger people through a bit, rather than follow HHN style conga line

Regarding the attraction length of 7 minutes, how is that compared to a typical HHN maze length, and also compared to the departed House of Horrors maze attraction.  I can never tell how long I'm in a maze when actually going through it. :)

I hope they stagger people through a bit, rather than follow HHN style conga line

its longer than the typical HHN house, but I believe that HOH is about four minutes longer than TWDA. 

It's definitely opening after June 20th, the first day of summer. So Memorial Day softs are plausible, but if animatronics are still being manufactured even as a maze I'm not sure if they could make that.

I'm going to guess it will soft open in mid-June with a July 1st grand opening. (complete speculation btw)

Reactions: Alexshow.