The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as I know, this is the first year it's happened. But from both an operational and budget point of view, it makes a lot of sense.

I did do TWD at HHN on Saturday out of pity (plus, at that point, it was unsurprisingly the shortest line at 10 min), and I thought it was underwhelming even compared to the daytime version. There was one new spot for a walker, but some of the regular spots were unstaffed. Not that big of a deal for daytime crowds, but for HHN? You'd think they'd up the ante for HHN, especially if they're already cutting the daytime hours. I seem to recall in it's first year as an HHN maze, they added a lot more walkers than the daytime version.

Reactions: chris.g
I'm sad to see our year-round haunt fail so bad. They honestly shouldn't have tried so hard to follow an already dwindling trend. They should have just redid House of Horrors in the style of UCM from 2018. I still think that would have appealed to the GP more given that it had a bit of a party atmosphere as well. Making it a tad less scary

Reactions: Freakenstein
Honestly They should keep it open until like the 4th of July then close it and make it a NEW maze for HHN and then from there rebrand it as a new maze....maybe like change it every other year. Maybe start with Saw since that's being rebooted then go from there.

Reactions: nicodingus
My choice would be ST year round, since it could lead to some dope animatronics. The attraction is absolutely dead right now (pun intended in every way lol). Show ops won’t show the video in the queue, during horror nights, they have actors outside taking photos, but leave the inside barren, the animated figures in the trucks are the only ones that still operate, and overall quality has become so low. The experience seems really dated, and house of horrors, while very dirty in its later years, was really fantastic. I’m guessing they’ll get rid of the location after SLOP opens, and illumination way will be more of a developed thing, with a haunt (if open) down near soundstage 29.

As much as the show has been going downhill the last several seasons, I'm actually enjoying the current season. I guess I was so pot committed that I had to finish it out, but it turns out this season is not too bad. Wish they could've updated some of the scenes in the attraction to match the later seasons of the show, but if this has to go, I wouldn't be disappointed. I just hope we get a nice replacement.

My choice would be ST year round, since it could lead to some dope animatronics. The attraction is absolutely dead right now (pun intended in every way lol). Show ops won’t show the video in the queue, during horror nights, they have actors outside taking photos, but leave the inside barren, the animated figures in the trucks are the only ones that still operate, and overall quality has become so low. The experience seems really dated, and house of horrors, while very dirty in its later years, was really fantastic. I’m guessing they’ll get rid of the location after SLOP opens, and illumination way will be more of a developed thing, with a haunt (if open) down near soundstage 29.

I wouldnt say that, I heard rumors that something will be in its place but the building isnt gunna be torn down. It is closing within weeks I think. Think of what was the best maze of hhn 2018.....

Universals New 3rd gate is getting a universal monsters land. It seems suspicious that theyve been doing the maze with the similar theme 2 years in a row. Id predict the new show will be open by this years hhn.

I mean if it becomes a new maze or attraction then I'm up for it....but for Q space or a store...no thanks we have plenty of that in park

I lol at us gaining an attraction, and then losing one.....yes its not a ride but its something to do in park gone in a park that needs more to do not less

Reactions: alias8703
Usually, I would say with great confidence that this park can’t afford to go one attraction down. I would also usually argue that anything other than an attraction/experience in this section would ultimately be supplemented with an experience elsewhere. However, we are now getting to the point where so many rides and experiences are on the table for the next 3 years, I truly don’t know what to expect. With that said, I hope a walkthrough remains. I am not a fan of horror myself but I can appreciate how diverse this park is when it has one in its’ lineup.

Last edited: