The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Never said it would be the exit. Some people think that'll be the entrance. Eitherway, its a huge space that is under construction. Also lets take into consideration that they attached a NEW building to the existing building, saying two separate buildings doesn't mean anything. If they wanted to cut another hole in the wall & attach said building with the "other" new building. They will. If we have learned anything by now, it is that USH doesn't exactly do things that make sense. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they had TWD exit into the Studio Store... and that is the current existing one, not the original section. But the new attraction has to exit somewhere... and whether it dumps out into the Studio Store (old or new) or back onto the Universal Plaza side of Starbucks... it will still be a clusterf*** waiting to happen.

Any chance of that part of the store still being renovated, and when it opens, it'll mainly feature TWD merchandise? It would be sort of odd to have that kind of stuff right at the entrance of the park, but it might make sense for guests to exit the attraction into a shop featuring apparel and memorabilia from the show. I dunno, just an idea.

I agree this isn’t a follow-up. This is filler. This is a low cost emergency action quickly and inexpensively created to add capacity to a park that sorely needs it during a year of forecasted record breaking attendance.

I wouldn’t call it a follow up mainly because the majority of visitors to the park this year will first experience it at the same time they first experience Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

[SIZE=11pt]We are theme park addicts. We will have already been to Wizarding World many, many times before Walking Dead opens. But we are a minority, a vast minority (If you’ll excuse the oxymoron), and we shouldn’t judge this attraction based on our experiences because ours is a very distorted view point[/SIZE]

Reactions: Freak and Alexshow.
This is being built for the same reason Orlando rushed Transformers before Diagon, Something else to keep people busy while they wait, and to direct crowd-flow in a different direction instead of having everyone rush to potter all at once.

Reactions: Ryan and Alexshow.
Yes, but it's still being aggressively marketed by Universal as "permanent". I know a part of the reasoning is due to the temporary nature of HHN, but they wouldn't push this hard just to remove it two years later. I would have to guess Universal has a five-year contract with AMC on this attraction at least. The ability to sell TWD souvenirs year-round is too lucrative for them to give Uni the opportunity to rip it out soon after.

Once it opens, it's here to stay for a long, long time.

BTW: for those hoping this attraction won't visually intrude on Baker Street may want to prepare for disappointment. The entrance will be anything but subtle.

Big damn helicopter incoming towards Universal Studios, and it looks like it's gonna crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
The concept art on the website shows a crashed Helicopter and in the recent IU update it seems they have attached support beams on the side of the façade. Looks like it will fit in with Universal Plaza and the rest of Universal Blvd! (kidding)

These support beams look pretty far apart from each other. 

26157465593_6cbcfb79e6_b.jpg

Concept art shows a crashed helicopter on top of a building.

TWD-landing-page-helicopter_961x421.jpeg

Great... so we can get a stupid crashed helicopter for this, but Moulin Rouge can't have it's windmill restored above the main entrance? It has always looked awkward & weird to me ever since they removed it...

Considering the height of this building, I'm curious to know if it is multi-level like HoH was.. or just really high ceilings/scenic

Also notice how there's a gap between the two buildings in the promo shot, just like there's a gap between the TWD building and the Globe Theatre. I thought that rendering would've been a scene from within the maze, but it looks like we might actually be getting that chopper.

Considering the height of this building, I'm curious to know if it is multi-level like HoH was.. or just really high ceilings/scenic

I'm guessing it's one level with taller sets. If they're recreating scenes from Hershel's farm, the prison, and Terminus (which is all but confirmed at this point), it'd make sense to take advantage of the height of the building by creating larger, more intricate sets.

^Haha that'd be cool, but this will be new.

Also I highly doubt the show building above it is getting painted any different than what it currently is now.  :(

Of course it won't... that'd be asking for too much, kinda like having the facades actually be as tall as said show building so it wouldn't be an issue.. SIGH

To those that are auditioning today (if there are any here), break a leg. It is nice to see a year-round attraction like TWDA back, even if the IP is..mediocre.

I'm a little irritated with his excuse that they stick to IP's because we already know the stories. That feels like such a cop out to me. I get what he was saying, but tell that to Orlando who has original mazes that are neat as hell?

Agreed. Not only that, but Orlando usually has an elaborate and intricate storyline that weaves throughout the event and gives every maze, scarezone etc.. a sense of purpose and thematic unity. Over here, it's like he just picks IPs out of a hat and throws it all together randomly without any thought of thematic/narrative cohesion.

Reactions: peasoupprincess