The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 539 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can not believe my good fortune! When my family and I made plans back in February to visit Universal, we assumed that WWoHP would have been open for at least a month by the time we arrived. Hubby decided that staying on property was worth the extra expense just for the express passes. So --- not only do we get to see WWoHP before it's grand opening, but also without all of the crowds! Too good to be true. We will be at the Royal Pacific from June 12-17. Wondering what the chances of me running into any celebrities are. I noticed that over a month ago when I checked, Portafino Bay was booked for the same time frame.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting for the last several months. Love the updates and pics. Have a love-hate relationship with all the riddles (sorry Teebin). Even have enjoyed all of the bickering and ridiculous speculations.

In just a few days, I will be on that 7:45 water taxi, checking out the new island for myself!

Just so you know... people start lining up at the IOA gates before 7 and they start to let you in to the POE at 7:30. Just want you to be prepared :)

Shoot, I was beat to the punch... but it's worth reiterating... GET THERE EARLY!!

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if they start doing afternoon softs and then all day softs. They need to start soon or they will be up the creak when the grand opening comes around.

Agreed. Universal just updated the mobile wait times again and Dueling Dragons is still down. Anyone hearing anything from inside the park?

Agreed. Universal just updated the mobile wait times again and Dueling Dragons is still down. Anyone hearing anything from inside the park?

I only saw it appear on the site once since the 28th and of course it eventually opened all those days, probably some glitch that prevents it from appearing online

It sounded like only hotel guests made it into WWHP today and not everyone got to ride the FJ before it shut down for the day. Nice little crowd waiting outside the barrier around 10am. The crowd dispersed fairly quickly after repeated announcements that Harry Potter would not be reopening at any point today.

A nice hotel guest was willing to go back in and buy a couple Butterbeers for some thirsty fans.

Was 11th in line for entry to the park at 7:20. Rushed to FJ and was on course for the 1st bench of the day, but they didnt let anyone past the Gryffindor common room. After about 10 minutes they had the message about there being techninical diffuculties. Since i was second in the whole line, i decided to stay until they opened. After an hour of waiting all the TMs gathered and they told us FJ was down for the day but there were still tours of the castle. So all this excitement was for nothing as I never got to ride today. However a big plus was that alot of people left after FJ broke down and overall it was less crowded. Honeydukes and Zonkos were easy to move around in as was Hosmeade's streets, but Dervish and Banges was always packed.

With DC there seemed to be an issue because there was only one train being run on each track and most of the time they werent run together.

Was 11th in line for entry to the park at 7:20. Rushed to FJ and was on course for the 1st bench of the day, but they didnt let anyone past the Gryffindor common room. After about 10 minutes they had the message about there being techninical diffuculties. Since i was second in the whole line, i decided to stay until they opened. After an hour of waiting all the TMs gathered and they told us FJ was down for the day but there were still tours of the castle. So all this excitement was for nothing as I never got to ride today. However a big plus was that alot of people left after FJ broke down and overall it was less crowded. Honeydukes and Zonkos were easy to move around in as was Hosmeade's streets, but Dervish and Banges was always packed.

With DC there seemed to be an issue because there was only one train being run on each track and most of the time they werent run together.

So I assume this is the main reason softs for the GP did not occur today. I really hope they have it working tomorrow morning, at least until 9:15am so I can finally get in!:pray::pray::pray:

Yep, FJ broke, no GP let in. I wonder if the rumor about 12:30 came about because they were going to try lunch time today, but with FJ not working they decided against it. You never know with Uni. I would have thought they would have taken advantage of Mon, Tues, & Wed with local schools being in session to do some better softs. They are running out of time with the lower crowds.

reliability of this ride is TERRIBLE. I now believe that there is a slim chance that the ride will be up and running for Grand Opening. They really need to get their act together!

So, the breakfast that comes with the package deal costs 15 dollars? Any way the price can be knocked down for a couple of vegetarians? Haha. The advertisement made the breakfast seem "complimentary", but alas, I was wrong in thinking so.

reliability of this ride is TERRIBLE. I now believe that there is a slim chance that the ride will be up and running for Grand Opening. They really need to get their act together!

Well, we've got a week and change for them to work out the worst bugs. I think that in the coming week, the ride will be consistently more reliable as they squash the programming and technical bugs.

I don't know, my expectations are a bit low..I am going to be following this thread really closely on opening weekend, if I hear the ride breaks down within an hour, I may postponne my trip.

wow. That dude made me annoyed. Its as if he has no clue about the park and the reasons why its being done here. Diagon alley isnt even apart of the theme park. Hogsmeade is in scotland, not london anyway.

Im going to be optimistic about FJ. I think it will work just fine sometime before next year. Its got bugs and has been working better than two weeks ago so we just need to be patient. Come june 18th, they have to fix it and get it back up instead of just closing it for the day.

wow. That dude made me annoyed. Its as if he has no clue about the park and the reasons why its being done here. Diagon alley isnt even apart of the theme park. Hogsmeade is in scotland, not london anyway.

Im going to be optimistic about FJ. I think it will work just fine sometime before next year. Its got bugs and has been working better than two weeks ago so we just need to be patient. Come june 18th, they have to fix it and get it back up instead of just closing it for the day.
The native Englanders on the site (Mugglenet) says he is a joker...but it still was annoying. Plus some people are complaining about how it would be more authentic in London and that it is too sunny in FL and that it doesn't rain enough for it to be realistic...
In the summer we get strong rain everyday (albeit, usually for a brief time)...so yeah.